How old is Prince Caspian?

lions mane said:
o.k.. did any of u actually read p.c., because if u haven't(it sort of sounds like no one has) i highly suggest it. in p.c. go to chapter 12 and read wher it says:
"the next minute or so was very confused.there was an animal roaring, a clash of steel; the boys and trumpkin rushed in; peter had a glimpse of a horrible gray, gaunt creature, half man and half wolf in the very act of leaping upon a boy about his own age."

so that should settel all the confusion about caspians age. sorry to the narnia fans confused by such crap(he's ed's age)

So I supply 3 quotes, and you supply 1 that says "about" his own age and say that that should end the discussion?

You're trying to say that an 18 year old boy needs a Nanny?

Corin Thunder-Fist said:
So I supply 3 quotes, and you supply 1 that says "about" his own age and say that that should end the discussion?

You're trying to say that an 18 year old boy needs a Nanny?

seriously. seriously. he didn't need a nanny he needed a nurse. please dont froget that the narnian time is way different then ours. so we could not know how many years go by in just one of our years.

I think maybe we are getting hung up on the word "nurse," it isn't exactly a nanny. Even back in Shakespeare's time a nurse was someone who looked after the young person, and may have ran the young rulers household, and even may have been in charge of some of their education. Perhaps because Caspian's mother was dead his nurse took on that extra maternal role.

From the textual clues I have found I am not sure I think Caspian is an upper teen, but I think given the quote supplied by Lions Mane, and this discussions we've had in the LWW book forum about the Pevensie kids' ages,I think that 11-14 seems plausable.

Ladyanneh. that's one of the smartest things that i've heard on this thread. thanks for basically proving my point. but i'd say in P.C. he's about 15y/o.

LadyAnneH said:
I think maybe we are getting hung up on the word "nurse," it isn't exactly a nanny. Even back in Shakespeare's time a nurse was someone who looked after the young person, and may have ran the young rulers household, and even may have been in charge of some of their education. Perhaps because Caspian's mother was dead his nurse took on that extra maternal role.
Right you are, and don't forget that he was under Dr. Cornelius' tutelage for an indeterminate period of time as well. My guess would be more than a year but probably less than three, though it could have been as much as five.

My guess, based on the account of Caspian's fateful interview with Miraz that ended with his nurse being sent away, was that he was about 7 or 8 at that time. A few years under Dr. Cornelius would put him right in the 11-13 range, just as you guess.

Wow lions mane, you don't have to be so rude and mean to everyone you're writing to on this forum besides the people that agree with you. I mean, we're having a discusson, not a heated debate! Cool down!

DeplorableWord said:
Wow lions mane, you don't have to be so rude and mean to everyone you're writing to on this forum besides the people that agree with you. I mean, we're having a discusson, not a heated debate! Cool down!

i'm not being so rude. I just tell it how it is. And another thing that ticks me off is when people think they know so much about narnia, when it's very obvious that they don't.

Actuly ano that i think of my won poste Lu is 9 Ed 10 Su is 12 peter 13in LWW
It says one year ni PC so Lu 10 Ed 11 Su 13 Peter 14
and Peter say a boy slightly younger than himself so...Id say Caspian is 13 in PC
VDT
Lu 11 Ed 12 Su 14 Peter 15 Eustice(SP?) is 12 and Caspian is 16

LadyAnneH said:

From the textual clues I have found I am not sure I think Caspian is an upper teen, but I think given the quote supplied by Lions Mane, and this discussions we've had in the LWW book forum about the Pevensie kids' ages,I think that 11-14 seems plausable.
I quite agree. An upper teen would not just be begning lessons of this sort.

o.k. everyone i've been thinking (wow. that's dangerious), a lot on this subject. i think that this is the somewhat time line of caspian:
i think that caspian, when he had his nanny was the age of 4-7. and i think that when dr. cornelius taught caspian that he was between the ages of 7-11. and i think that when caspian went on the run from his uncle and hid (getting ready for the war, and gathering an army) he was between the ages of 12-14. and i think that since the war seems to have been going on for a while before they called back the kids that they were fighting for sometime.
so with all this i must conclude that he's somewhere between ed and peter's(somewhere about susans age) age.

and then 3 years later in t.V.o.D.T. he was about 17 or 18.

I agree. Caspian would have had the nurse when he was a young boy (4-7) and was tutored as a youth by Dr. Corneilius (7-11). Also given the amount of time that it took him to flee from Miras and gather up his army (about a year or two) that would put him at 12-13 years old, about the same age as Peter, but maybe a little younger, since Peter is about 14 (estimating) in PC.

Knight of Narnia said:
I agree. Caspian would have had the nurse when he was a young boy (4-7) and was tutored as a youth by Dr. Corneilius (7-11). Also given the amount of time that it took him to flee from Miras and gather up his army (about a year or two) that would put him at 12-13 years old, about the same age as Peter, but maybe a little younger, since Peter is about 14 (estimating) in PC.
actually i think that in p.c. peters about 15 but i do think that caspians around the age of 13-14

Back