I think..

TNF, it was an excellent summation of the seven books that you made in another post. I liked it that you brought in Jonathan, the son of the tragic King Saul. Jonathan is one of those Biblical heroes, like Nehemiah, who don't get nearly as much attention as they deserve compared to the "obvious" personages like David. Jonathan actually had ALL the necessary virtues to have become a righteous king himself; but since God's will was otherwise, he showed his nobility by _helping_ David, theoretically his "rival," to survive.

As for Aslan's end-time actions for Narnia compared to His return to Earth in His form of Jesus: TLB, being focussed on the deeds of Tirian, Jill and Eustace, could not follow everything else that must have been going on. I think that, for good and evil beings NOT located at the Stable, the speeding-up of time possibly was not perceptible (as you don't feel the speed of a jet when you're cruising in it), and they did go through a "real-time" experience of seeing Aslan appear in glory--over Cair Paravel, perhaps--to strike the invading Calormenes dead with His breath.

True. The Last Battle might be the best of all. It won the Canberry award, the highest for literature. When it becomes a movie, it might get nominated and could even win an Oscar award for Best Picture, like the Lord of the Rings did.

VotDT and TSC are my faves.

I think LWW and MN are the most magical--introducing Narnia (LWW) and showing the creation of Narnia (MN).

TNF, just to clarify, TLB won the Carnegie Medal, not the Canberry, and the medal is for best children's literature, not best literature in general.
It is the UK version of the Newberry Award.

MrBob

There are already several threads for which book is your favorite. I'm partial to VDT, and maybe LB after that, but I love them all.

I LOVE VOTDT

there's just something about that book i really like. I really liked TLB! although it was kinda torture until the end...but the ending was like the best ever and that made up for all the sadness before...
so...probably VOTDT, LB...i also really liked Silver Chair...
ok...so i like all of them!! but who doesn't??

VotDT and TSC are my faves.

I think LWW and MN are the most magical--introducing Narnia (LWW) and showing the creation of Narnia (MN).

TNF, just to clarify, TLB won the Carnegie Medal, not the Canberry, and the medal is for best children's literature, not best literature in general.
It is the UK version of the Newberry Award.

MrBob
Tnaks. I was trying to remember from memory. But, TLB is my favourite, for it is a parallelic story to what Heaven will be like after the end ages.

Wow, so many people like the Last Battle best and it was my least favourite, so much so that I started missing it out on my many re-readings of the whole series (around 10 i calculate). Which leads me to the question, how many times have you read the whole series?

Back