Ideas for Filming Location

jasmine tarkheena

The Walden filmed their Narnia film adaptions in New Zealand, the same location as Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit were filmed. While they do have great landscapes, I would think that a new series or film adaption would have different filming locations.

I would like for each region (Narnia, Archenland, and Calormen) to be different.

One idea for Narnia to be filmed in is the State of Alaska or Yukon in Canada. It's got great landscape and forests. Alaska could even be idea for the eternal winter. Another idea would be Norway. I even thought of Alcaraz of Segnovia in Spain for Cair Paravel.

I thought of Istanbul, Turkey for Tashbaan, Calormen. Though I don't know if they would do any filming in Turkey. It may not happen.

Any ideas for filming locations?

Well, one thing for sure, I think most Narnia fans would agree to stay away from California. That's where a lot of major Hollywood studios are located.

I've heard they've been looking at Narni, Italy as a possible filming location. Well, it was originally called "Narnia", so it may have been where CS Lewis got the name "Narnia" from.

The Alps might be idea for Archenland, being known for their mountainous range. Even Spain might be idea for Calormen.

Back