Modern day

I heard that Andrew Adamson, the director, heard plans to update the story to present day Los Angeles after an earthquake rather than 1940s London during the war. He said "No! Absolutely not! We have to stay true to the book." A wise decision on Andrew's part. Fans would've been up in arms if he'd have done otherwise.

OH MAN, that would of seriously killed the movie for me. I don't think it would've been half as charming if it was set in modern day. I'm glad the director had more sense then that. ;)

I agree as well. I think part of the book's appeal is that it is set in a totally different era in time. If they had set it in mpdern times I doint; think it would have been nearly as believable.

Puzzle dear said:
I heard that Andrew Adamson, the director, heard plans to update the story to present day Los Angeles after an earthquake rather than 1940s London during the war. He said "No! Absolutely not! We have to stay true to the book." A wise decision on Andrew's part. Fans would've been up in arms if he'd have done otherwise.
Those plans were actually being considered sometime in the '90s when Paramount owned the film rights to the series. Nothing ever came of that (thankfully), and when their rights expired, Walden Media picked them up. Now, they intend to retain tight control over production throughout all seven movies, which I think is great.

I heard that too, and it was going to be set in America, and they ate hotdogs or something like that and there wasn't a wardobe!
Why call it THE LION, THE WITCh, AND THE WARDROBE? if there is no wardrobe?

lol i know!!! i would of killed them if they did that!!!!!!! it would of totally ruined it! but thank goodness they didn't!!!!!!!!!!! YAY lol :p :D

Back