They were made Kings and queens?

Tsukiko

Now, when Tirian stmbled through the Stable Door, he saw 7 Kings and Queens standing before him. The only ones who were actually crowned out of those 7 were Peter, Lucy and Edmund of course.

But he did say Kings and queens and I know Jill, Eustace, Digory and Polly were not actually crowned an actual King or Queen.

So, perhaps, maybe they did become kings and queens? The 7 friends of Narnia, or just kinda..I dunno...described as Kings and Queens.

(is this is a stupid point???)
:eek:

Although the picture doesn't show it, the text states that they were all crowned as Kings and Queens would be. Obviously Aslan figured that in the True Narnia they all ought to be ranked as such, on account of their importance to the world - and if Aslan says that they deserve it, who's going to contradict him?

I not sure that their rank changed because as it stands they were Lords and Ladies, who would have higher up royalty. If you look at the royal dynasties of England, you find Lords and Ladies who were close cousins of the Kings and Queens, but had never ruled the country and nor had their parents so they were simply lords and ladies, not Prince/princesses. You must also notice that they ceased to be called Kings and Queens when they were recognized/introduced.

Now, when Tirian stmbled through the Stable Door, he saw 7 Kings and Queens standing before him. The only ones who were actually crowned out of those 7 were Peter, Lucy and Edmund of course.

But he did say Kings and queens and I know Jill, Eustace, Digory and Polly were not actually crowned an actual King or Queen.

So, perhaps, maybe they did become kings and queens? The 7 friends of Narnia, or just kinda..I dunno...described as Kings and Queens.

(is this is a stupid point???)
:eek:

That's a good point. As far as I know, Jill, Eustace, Digory and Polly weren't crowned; but maybe that's what their characters were like. Worthy to be Kings and Queens. ;) :D

Well, considering their status (which they didn't yet know about), it's fair to say that they were crowned kings and queens because they were reigning with Aslan.

You're right, though, Digory and Polly never had any official title in Narnia. For that matter, neither did Eustace or Jill.

I don't think Eustace and Jill are ever referred to as Lady and Lord, however I have a feeling they were. Having saved Rillian in TSC would have probably earned them the titles.

However, Digory and Polly were Lord and Lady. Tirian called them that when Eustace and Jill were talking to Tirian when they first rescued him.

They were described as Kings and Queens, however, in Aslan's Country. Perhaps it was just the clothing that they were wearing. Each one of them deserved to wear the crowns even if they weren't actually named King or Queen in life.

MrBob

I don't think Eustace and Jill are ever referred to as Lady and Lord, however I have a feeling they were. Having saved Rillian in TSC would have probably earned them the titles.

However, Digory and Polly were Lord and Lady. Tirian called them that when Eustace and Jill were talking to Tirian when they first rescued him.

They were described as Kings and Queens, however, in Aslan's Country. Perhaps it was just the clothing that they were wearing. Each one of them deserved to wear the crowns even if they weren't actually named King or Queen in life.

MrBob

Because The Last Battle is an eschatological book that tends to in many ways mirror Revelation, it makes sense to me that Jill and Eustace would get a crown as members of Aslan's family. When Tirian comes through the stable and sees them they're described as a king and queen if I remember correctly. They weren't when in Narnia, but then again neither were Polly and Digory...but they all received a crown at the end. If one looks at it as a Christian parallel it makes sense...if from a secular point of view it wouldn't.

Back