Why Caspian is Next

I'm really sad that C.S Lewis only included the characters Peter and Susan in two of the books. I first thought that they would be in all of them, like most main characters. I mean, I'm glad that Lucy and Edmund are at least in VDT but I'm still sad P or S aren't.

But however i CANNOT wait until 2007 when PC comes out.

stronger_WM said:
I'm really sad that C.S Lewis only included the characters Peter and Susan in two of the books. I first thought that they would be in all of them, like most main characters. I mean, I'm glad that Lucy and Edmund are at least in VDT but I'm still sad P or S aren't.

But however i CANNOT wait until 2007 when PC comes out.

Peter is in 3 of the books

waterhogboy said:
He's in 4 actually - LWW, PC, HHB and LB

And he'd be ::wet finger in air:: about the same age in both of the last two - in HHB when he had attained young adulthood in Narnia, and LB where he'd got there in English time. (In the True Narnia everyone seems to wind up as a young-to-mature adult - most dramatically in the case of Polly and Digory, who were certainly of pensionable age by then.)

A Word from Oyarsa?

Perhaps he could help give us insight, you think Malacandra? Or are the Hnau on our world too bent to understand?

Scot

QueenSusanofNarnia said:
OK--Alot of people are wondering why Prince Caspian is the next film. I just figured this out this morning when I was getting ready to go see LWW for the second time.

LWW takes place one Earth year before Prince Caspian--Each of the Pevensies are one year older. If they did HBB next, then they'd be alot older--Peter {William Moseley} would probably be near 20 {he's 17}. They need each of the kids to be one year (closley more or less) older. So, Prince Caspian is next. After that, it will be Voyage of the Dawn Treader becuase Lucy and Edmund are supposed to be one year older. After that, The Silver Chair, because Eustace needs to be only one year older. Then, The Last Battle, because Eustace and Jill need to bee only one year older, and Lucy, Peter and Edmund need to be 3 years older than they were in LWW. The last movie--I think--they are going to film is the Magicians Nephew, just after HBB.

Yours truly

Interesting........I (finally) know it! Thanks. Interesting! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
About The horse and His Boy, and The Magician's nephew

I was reading about the order of the books on another official, yet nowhere as cool of a website.

According to them, A horse and his Boy has been moved in the order, and now falls between PC and Dawn Treader. This means it will probably be the third movie.

LWW was made before Magician's Nephew, because it was written first. It was the most popular, and much more recognizable to the audience. The Magician's Nephew was written long after LWW. I suspect that it will be last, if it is made at all, because none of the LWW cast need to be present for it.

Last edited:
Ooh, clever! Thanks! I liked the Horse and his Boy too, but my fave was LWW. I really like the four Pevensies (well, maybe Ed not so much, but he's kind of ok)

Order in which Written

My personal belief is that they should be made in the order that they were originally published by C.S.Lewis. That order is LLW, PC, VDT, SC, HHB, TMN, TLB. Maybe they should film two at a time at one point or something.

Narnia Man 2006 said:
C.S Lewis would want you to read the order the books are labeled in.

You obviously don't realize that the older editions of the books are LABELED in publishing order then. My books, which I've had for about 20 years, were purchased as a set...and they are numbered 1) Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe, 2) Prince Caspian, 3) Dawn Treader, 4) Silver Chair, 5) Horse and His Boy, 6) Magician's Nephew, and 7) Last Battle.

This debate gets old, there is no right or wrong way to read them...only a FAVORITE way to read them. There is no "correct" labeling either, it depends on when you bought them as to what order they're arranged in.

Narnia veterans are always going to prefer publishing order because that's how they read them.

I don't really consider myself a Narnian Vetran, and even I prefer the old order. I would rather read them in the order than Lewis wrote them, you know? Have them come into my imagination as they did Lewis'?
Maybe that's just me.

Also, I think a lot of the excitement of LWW is lost when you read MN first...

This is to everyone: If anyone posts something OTHER THAN WHAT ORDER THE FILMS SHOULD BE IN I'LL GET MAD.

Ok:

If HBB was filmed right after LWW, then the other kids (Will/Anna/Skandar/Georgie) will be too old :Will will be around 20! (he's 19 now..his b-day was yesterday...)
So, the order SHOULD BE:

LWW (already out of course!)
PC (being casted for)
VotDT
SC
LB
MN
HBB

actually, the Last Battle really shouldn't be after SC, because the Last Battle is supposed to take place approx. 9 yrs (according to Lewis's timeline) after the 4 Pevensies come out of the Wardrobe. if they want the actors to be 9-10 years older, they should probably wait for LB. (of course, it may take 9 years, at the rate these film makers are workin). and plus, PC, VDT, and SC are going to be filmed back to back to make sure there isnt a huge time gap (like there definitely will be between LWW and PC--since they havent even started filming PC yet).

Anyways, the order Walden Media is planning to do them in is already known.

Last edited:
EdmundtheGiantCrusher said:
Ok, I dont think that Magician's Nephew will be last. I think that the movies will be filmed in the same order as the books were released. Honestly, I don't want to go see The LAST Battle knowing that there will be two more movies coming out. It's gonna turn out like freaking Star Wars Episode I if they do that. So i say Caspian, Voyage, Chair, Nephew, Horse, and Battle in that order.

I agree completely. The Last Battle should be the last one.

Although I would might put Nephew after Horse.

Back