BBC Pevensies or New Pevensies

Which Pevensie actors do you like better.

• BBC version Actors

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Walden Media version actors

Votes: 55 91.7%

• Total voters

office

Which Pevensie actors do you like better. I, personally like the new ones better but I like the old ones too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new ones, most definitely.

The old ones: Lucy was fat with an overbite [what was that all about anyway?], Susan looked older than Peter, and why was Edmund like a redhead/blonde?

I liked the new ones better but it seems that Peter and Edmund don't like brothers in either of them. Although in the old ones Lucy isn't gorgeous I think that is what she is supposed to be because in the Voyage of the Dawn Tredar Lucy is jealous of Susan of her looks and in the new ones they are both very pretty so I wonder how that will work out.

I think that the new actors are way better 100%. From the old LWW, the only thing I can remember is a really fat Lucy with huge buck teeth, and terrible acting. For the new actors, I am still not fully satisfied with Georgie, Anna, and William's acting! But I support Skandar all the way. I think that Walden Media struck gold with him, and his acting is tremendous!

The new ones. They fit the "description" that Lewis gives to us.
No they don't, where are Lucy's blonde curls?:eek: That was my (only) dissapointment when they casted Georgie, because that was the image of Lucy i had in my head.

But anyway, i agree with Susan looking older than Peter in the old ones. I'm preffering the new ones too, though i don't think we could compare them 100% fairly, since now the techniques have improved sooo much that the whole film looks a lot better, including the acting.

I did like BBC's Susan too though.

Walden MEdia versions by far! Yeah Georgie isn't blonde ( but neither was the BBC Lucy. Actually Susan was blonde in that one.) but when I saw her on screen she "was" Lucy to me in terms of how she acted .She's just so lovable! Edmund is just perfect! He goes from being a no good traitor to being very heroic and noble.

Also the fact that these ones "act" like siblings.

Although in the old ones Lucy isn't gorgeous I think that is what she is supposed to be because in the Voyage of the Dawn Tredar Lucy is jealous of Susan of her looks and in the new ones they are both very pretty so I wonder how that will work out.

Actually according to the book ADULTS were saying that Susan was prettier. I quote: "Grown-ups had thought her the pretty one of the family." Think of it like this, any time they see people, they say "Oh, Susan you're so pretty" or "You're so beutiful" and just "oh, hello Lucy, aren't you getting tall." Something like that can definitly occur in families. It happens with my youngers sisters a lot actually when we see relatives. It even happened with my cousin and I when we were younger as realtives would always say that my cousin was so smart or so intelligent and just notice that I was getting taller.

Lucy is meant to be like a very real child with very real self-esteem issues. There are plenty of gorgouse women out there, even ones I know, who don't think they are that pretty because no one bothers to notice them. This may be a bit of a close reading of the text on my part and it is just my interpretation, but there you go, one fans theory.

There is no comparison, the new ones by far! :)

Sven-El, interesting theory about Lucy/Susan and their looks-I quite like that idea-Lucy isn't necessarily worse looking, maybe Susan just presents herself in a way that grown ups think is "more attractive" or "grown up" or whatever. That does happen occasionally in families.

I agree with lieke and others that of course Georgie's hair isn't blonde and that is somewhat unfortunate, but she does such an incredible job at being Lucy Pevensie that I never even think of that and I'm so glad they chose her!

I'm going to have to disagree with you Tim...Granted I like the newer 4 better as actors and actresses....but there is room for comparison. I'm not sure that it's a fair comparison. The BBC kids were handed scripts that were by and large so much better than the newer scripts. They stuck to the spirit of the characters. That's what I want to see when all is said and done.

To me, the Peter and Susan I was looking at in the new films were people going through the motions for Peter and Susan...sort of...but it wasn't them. Susan didn't hardly have a gentle bone in her body and Peter lacked wisdom, honor, nobility...he acted like a spoiled and selfish brat. I know they wanted to empower Susan because they saw her gentleness as weak. Gentleness doesn't have to be weak at all. In the process of empowering her they killed what was Susan. She didn't show up. There was someone running around with her name, but it wasn't the character Lewis wrote. Don't get me wrong, I love Anna and William to bits, I do. They're wonderful people and they're extremely talented. They just got handed bad scripts.

Will, Anna, Skandar, and Georgie have done better with the acting and they fit the parts well...but because of script issues, I tend to see the other 4...Richard, Jonathan and the 2 Sophies as the characters better. They kept the dialogue and stayed closer to the books. It's not the cast members faults...I just hate that they're the ones who suffer more. What it comes down to is the bottom line for the franchise and Disney and Walden want to please too many people...so they have to change more than they should to make investors happy. In the process they do more damage than good I think.

I think that the BBC Edmund did a good job, he pulled of the character well, but he was the best of the BBC versions of the Pevensie's. The 4 in the newer movies pulled off their characters FANTASTICALLY!
First, the BBC Lucy vs. Georgie Henley. BBC: She was too winey, she did not look at all like the Lucy Pevensie I always imagined. She ruined Lucy's character for me, before the new Narnia movies came out. I had always hated Lucy because I really didn't like her character in the BBC movies. Georgie on the other hand... Well, thats a whole different story. She did such a good job, her character was not winey at all, she's very pretty, and over all, she was a good Lucy.
Now, BBC Edmund vs. Skandar Keynes. Honestly, they both did a good job. The BBC version pulled off his character very well, very obnoxious and little-brother like, always teasing and so forth and then later changed. The one thing that really bothered me was that in The BBC Prince Caspian, when Lucy sees Aslan the first time, he DOES NOT STAND UP FOR HER!!! He does this in the book and the new movie, but not the BBC version. That was very disapointing for me. Skandar also did a very good job pulling off his character, being the obnoxious traitor, but then turning around COMPLETELY!! He really pulled it off well I think.
Next, BBC Susan vs. Anna Popplewell. The BBC Susan was good as Susan, but could have done a lot better. Anna did a good job portraying the character and seems to fit Susans character well. But, I think Peter (in the new ones) said it best when he said "No, you're trying to be smart. AS USUAL." But, I will admit, that it kind of points to her eventual turning from Aslan and Narnia. All in all, I guess she did do a LOT better job.
Finally, BBC Peter vs William Moseley. BBC Peter looked like he was as old as(or rather as young as) the actor of Edmund!! He did an okaaayyy job with his character, but could have been loads better. Will, on the other hand, did a really good job pulling off his character. In the first one, he's the oldest in the family and has to take care of his younger siblings. As the oldest child in my family, I can relate, I'm always responsible for my younger brother, I love it, but I'm responsible. And then he becomes king of this magical world and is even more important than earlier. Then all that is taken from him and thats why he has more inflated pride and honor than most, and honestly, i would have reacted similarly. Moseley did a really good job playing this character.
All in all, the new ones did a lot better than the BBC versions in my opinion.

Back