Casting Rilian -- who should play him?

Just PM a mod (like Benisse or inkspot), give them the link of the old thread and the link to your thread, and just ask them to merge the two. :)

How about Charlie Cox? He played Tristan in Stardust, and Ben Barnes actually played the brief role of his young father at the beginning of the film. I think they look a lot alike and Cox, with long hair, would make a great Rilian. He is a good actor too. What do you think?

This picture is about four years old:

awp_3_800.jpg

I agree with Aslan's messenger U.U I've always pictures Rilian blonde.

He must have the looks but also the skill. I can't wait to see the bit where he plays like he's cold and cruel till his sudden change, after breaking the silver chair, when he turns out to be warm and humble :) that will require a great acting, just like the Lady of the green kirtle's character as well.

Welcome to the forums Artgirl. I haven't seen you post here before. :)

So if we're looking for someone looks 26-30, with blondish-maybe-red-or-brown hair then how about....

williamshatner_narrowweb__300x436,0.jpg

Sorry, for some reason that was the first person that came to my head. lol

(Ok, no more posting after midnight for me!)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lol, I liked Inkspot's logic. I mean, they will use another older actor to play old king caspian, so why not use ben barnes? in the other hand it'd be cool to see another new actor, blond with skills and the looks.

Well, to be accurately played, he wouldn't be "cold and cruel". The bewitched Rilian was neither - he was almost unendurably affable, condescending, and accommodating. However, all the travelers noticed something odd about him, a little hitch in his personality. Jill guessed that he might be a little simple (i.e. mentally slow), but it turned out that was a manifestation of the enchantment. That would be the hard thing to portray.

*pokes out head* Okay, okay, that was what I meant u.u And yeah, i hope the actor gets to be a great choice. Not to offend Ben Barnes' fans but, to tell the truth, i wasn't too pleased with his acting skills... dunno, I think he could have done it better. But that's another subject. I just hope they pick the right guy.

That image you posted... Charlie Cox did you say? He looks really well suited for it! Even if he's not blond. The only problem is obviously he's been in 'Stardust' already a fantasy film, so might seem a bit copycat-y to cast him.

Well, to be accurately played, he wouldn't be "cold and cruel". The bewitched Rilian was neither - he was almost unendurably affable, condescending, and accommodating. However, all the travelers noticed something odd about him, a little hitch in his personality. Jill guessed that he might be a little simple (i.e. mentally slow), but it turned out that was a manifestation of the enchantment. That would be the hard thing to portray.

Not to mention, if anyone has listened to the RAdio dramas, Rilian's laugh is utterly annoying and grating. They should add that one in. :p

Not to mention, if anyone has listened to the RAdio dramas, Rilian's laugh is utterly annoying and grating. They should add that one in. :p
Yes - the laugh was something particular that Lewis made special note of. Whenever I hear people laughing that way, I find myself wonder if they're secretly enchanted.

I don't mean to sound conceited, but although I'm not blonde, I'm really good at those kinds of roles and I'm about just the right age (17, will be 18 on the 19th of August) to play him. . .

Last edited:
Nice thread Jane! Unfortunately, there is already one here. It's an old thread, but not that old.

Anyway, I really don't know who should play Rilian, but it should be someone blonde, like Will Moseley kinda.

Since Lilliandil is a blonde, having Rilian being one also would be a logical choice, but actually the field is wide open since Caspian has dark hair.

Also: Thanks, BK for the heads up of the duplicate threads. I have merged Jane's with the 2008 thread by Inkspot.

Last edited:
Yeah, and from what we could see on Dark Island, Caspian IX seems to have dark hair as well. We never see Ramandu, except, supposedly, on narnia.com. Does he not have dark hair there?

Just wondering, does anyone think I might be a good choice for Rilian? It's kind of hard to tell what I really look like in the pictures and they're slightly out-dated, but just let me know what you think.

Just wondering, does anyone think I might be a good choice for Rilian? It's kind of hard to tell what I really look like in the pictures and they're slightly out-dated, but just let me know what you think.

I'm all for TDLers trying out for movie roles! I think it would be super awesome if a TDL member got a role in a Narnia movie. ;) You should definitely try to audition. :D

I'm all for TDLers trying out for movie roles! I think it would be super awesome if a TDL member got a role in a Narnia movie. ;) You should definitely try to audition. :D
Ok, then. I'll audition to play a rock on the side of the road!!! :D:p

Back