Do you like this book

Do you think they should have done the Magicians Nephew first as a film or not?

• Total voters

The White Stag

I love this book as it's my fav :D but also I love how it sets the scene for this long and many adventures to come in Narnia. But what do you think? Bt thequestion that I should ask is do you think that they should ahve done this book as a film first or do you think that the director made a good choice?

LWW had to be first. it is the most popular -- and many of us read it first, too. It was a good choice to make LWW prior to MN.

But I do love MN, and I love it being the 6th book rather than the first.

I think LWW should have been made first because it's the most well known and popular. It's also the most loved (how could it not be, when it has Peter in it? :D)

But I adored the Magician's Nephew, it was so cool!

LWW is where the movies should have started, and they have. For some reason it keeps me on the edge of my seat, wondering how Professor Kirke would know so much about Narnia. To have an explanation later on makes it all the more worthwhile, I think. I do hope they will make TMN into a movie; it's one of my favorites. :)

Eventhough MN is actually where everything started , It's a wise decision not to make it the first film, because, I for one, after reading LWW, was curious on how everything started in the first place. MN is a great book, I wonder who'd play Uncle Andrew :D

i agree with glamel. LWW leaves you wondering where many things came from. it would be great to see all of the movies released in the same order of the books...but i dont know if that'll happen.

Someone else may have already pointed this out, but The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe is the most famous of all the Chronicles (except for the Last Battle, which surpassed it when it was published) so more people would see this film in case they hadn't read the other books. Andrew Adamson probably thought that more people would like this film first since it was the first book published. The reason they're doing the films in publishing order is because of how most people read them. Simple as that.

EDIT: I agree with Saruman on his point. It keeps you wondering how the professor knows so much about Narnia and why he tells Susan and Peter that Lucy might be telling the truth. :)

Last edited:
The thing is-
In the "more proper" way, they should have done this movie first.
True, it may be more popular, but then they miss out on a lot of the basics.

Remember many people have not even read these books and may need some background info to understand what is actually going on.
Since the books also go in order (at least in relation), there is a history of some locations, people, or whatever to everything.

I find it almost like Star Wars and how they framed the first movie as number one, and jumping around.

So if you ask me if this should be first, I would say yes.
But after what they have done, nah, its all good. :)

(I have something to add, but I'll save it for next time.)

I like the LWW better first. I read that one first and SO many more times. It's one of my very favorites and was my absolute favorite for years. I love the MN, but I like this order. :)

I guess I should start reading them over again :eek:
I do have good memory of what happens, but I think I will
re-read before the movie comes out.
I voted no, by the way.

Last edited:
I loved The Magician's Nephew! It's the only Narnia book I have read so far, and I really enjoyed it. I'll be starting on The Lion,The Witch,&The Wardrobe tonight. : D

Last edited:
i would have prefered it be first... but that is just because how much i prefer things to be chronilogical

I don't think so. First, because LWW is the most popular...i know several people who have read LWW but not the rest of the series, and also i like that so far they are filming the books in the order that they were originally published. I don't think the story would flow as well in the chronological order in film as it does in the books.

I love "Magician's Nephew," because it sweeps away uncertainty and establishes clearly that Aslan IS Jesus, not just "somebody who sorta makes you think about Jesus a little bit." Also, in showing the origin of Jadis, it sheds light on the true nature of evil.

Back