fan mail

williamandannafan1209 said:
has anyone ever send fan mail to the address of them and got responses?

Yes absolutely...I got a small personal letter from William Moseley, and autographed postcard pictures from Skandar Keynes and Georgie Henley. It took about two months exactly for me to receive them. I am waiting on Tilda Swinton, Liam Neeson, and James Mc Evoy's responses :)

Mmm someday I want one. And I actually hope it is from the real person, not somebody pretending to so the actor/actress doesn't have to :)

That's awesome! I'm hoping to write Skandar and William soon. So for those of you who got something back, what did you do to get one back? Did you send a picture for them to sign? Or give them something special? I'm just wondering how much it takes to get a response back.

Sometimes, "hand-signed" aren't hand-signed at all...most likely, it's a stamp made to look like a hand-signed picture. Do you realize how much fan mail celebrities get? There's no way they can send back hand-signed pictures to everyone who asks.

It's like e-mails you get from a NASCAR team. I get newsletters from various sites for Tony stewart, and even though his "signature" is at the bottom, it's not his. It's sent on behalf of Tony by somebody else. I've never tried to send fan mail; I sent an e-mail to Lisbeth Scott (vocalist for LWW), and I got a reply back. I don't know if it was personal or not, but I got a reply.

Sometimes, "hand-signed" aren't hand-signed at all...most likely, it's a stamp made to look like a hand-signed picture. Do you realize how much fan mail celebrities get? There's no way they can send back hand-signed pictures to everyone who asks.

It's like e-mails you get from a NASCAR team. I get newsletters from various sites for Tony stewart, and even though his "signature" is at the bottom, it's not his. It's sent on behalf of Tony by somebody else. I've never tried to send fan mail; I sent an e-mail to Lisbeth Scott (vocalist for LWW), and I got a reply back. I don't know if it was personal or not, but I got a reply.

Yes, it is sad, but true. However, I do know some people who have received small hand written letters, after sending them drawings, paintings, or just something they made specially for them. Also, I know some who have sent their own prints of the celebrities and provided the postage or return envelope. It's not entirely impossible, so I definitely want to try. Seeing as William hasn't been seen as much, perhaps his fan mail has lessened a bit. I hope, I hope. :D

I've never thought about sending fan mail before. TO be honest, I'm not that particularly huge into actors... still, it would be quite fun to try and send them a drawing or something and see if I got a response. :D

My little sister has signed pictures from Georgie Henley and Emma Watson and my older sister got a signed picture from Daniel Radcliffe which she gave to an obsessed friend. I also knew someone who wrote a letter and made a scarf for Anna Popplewell and got multiple answers back I think. (If anyone remembers the user benny, that was him)

Oh yes! I remember benny! :D I haven't seen him around lately. Does he still go on TDL much?
Wow! He made her a scarf? Now that's a clever way to go about getting a good response!
I've been thinking I might draw a portrait of one of the actors or actresses and send it to them. I also think it may be a good idea to creatively decorate the envelope so it will catch their attention. Hmm... I really hope this plotting pays off. :D

good luck to everyone sending in letters

good luck to everyone sending in letters to the cast of the narnia movies it's cool that sometimes you might get a note from them :)

I would love to send a letter to one of the stars but my mom wouldn't let me! :( Anyone got any ideas for convincing her it's a good idea?? Oh well, everyone who got a replie is lucky and anyone waiting for one be patient, they'll get to you eventually!! :)

I'm not sure if I have replied to this thread, sorry if I did.

Anyway, I've written Georgie twice asking for autographs from LWW and PC at different times. I've received my request each time. For LWW, it took about 8 months because she was filming PC at the time. The PC one took about 4 months, which is about the average wait time. I live in the United States so I think 4 months is a very short waiting time considering.

I tried to wait until she would be finished with VOTDT and she is so hopefully it'll be in the 4 month waiting period.

I found a website that says to put in several IRC's which are International Reply Coupons I believe so Georgie can buy English stamps. I don't know if this is anything new, but I didn't know about those until just now. Maybe I didn't see it before. Anyway, I've never sent those and still got my autograph. The first time I included a S.A.S.E. which is a self-addressed stamped envelope. That is what they say you should do, but the second time, I just included my address at the bottom of the letter so it could be transferred to the envelope she writes it on. I got my autograph then too. Stamps have gone up way in price, at least for the United States. I usually put two stamps on the envelope and it gets to Georgie.

Anyway, I just wrote her another letter, requesting an autograph for Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I am always very grateful and kind to her in my letter since she does this free of charge. Probably when she becomes a big time celebrity she may start charging, but who knows.

I always mention this forum to so maybe she can join but obviously not putting Georgie Henley as her username. Just a place where she can be herself and interact with fans of Narnia.

Anyway, I wanted to add this information for those that need it. :)

Thank you so much for this information, Lucy Fan. It was SOOOO helpful and encouraging. :) That is quite wonderful that you've received two autographs from Georgie. :D How exciting! So did you send a picture for her to sign or did she just send you one of the pictures she had on hand?

I love that you mentioned TDL to her. It would be so neat if she actually joined. Who knows, she may be among us and we don't even know. He He. :D So for the self addressed envelope, how much postage did you use for it? Did she actually use your envelope or one of her own?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just so curious! :D

No problem asking and I'm very happy to help. :) She sent a picture of her own, I guess it's just pictures they do for promotion type stuff and autographs. I don't have any pictures to send her. Yeah, who knows she could be among us already. When I did the SASE the first time, I think I did two stamps. That was when I requested an autograph for LWW. For PC I didn't use an SASE, I just put my address at the bottom of the letter and I did that today for the VOTDT one. When I did the SASE she did use it. The envelope and autograph is handwritten and the autograph handwriting style is the same so far for both LWW and PC but like someone else said you can't really know if it's really her. For LWW she wrote in what looks like a gel pen and the second one looked to be a black pen. :)

Oh yes! I remember benny! :D I haven't seen him around lately. Does he still go on TDL much?
Wow! He made her a scarf? Now that's a clever way to go about getting a good response!
I've been thinking I might draw a portrait of one of the actors or actresses and send it to them. I also think it may be a good idea to creatively decorate the envelope so it will catch their attention. Hmm... I really hope this plotting pays off. :D

No, he was never around much when I first joined, and I haven't seen him in person for years XD

Yes he did, yes it was ;)

Back