Live Mafia.

Has any of our Mafia players and hosts ever played the game live? I hadn't done so until just after Christmas, when I was able to do so, in the dark, with a large group of friends, at the large house of one of them. It was great fun!

I played a version of it in the woods with my youth group once. It was a lot of fun. I was one of the mafia, but I never got to kill anyone. Lol, it was funny though, I targeted a guy and was following behind him and a safe distance where he could see me but I didn't look like a threat. I go to pounce on him and "kill" him, and he suddenly flinches and says, "Whoa, you're mafia?! I was gonna kill you!" We were targeting each other. :p

Other than that time, I've played the card game about a billion times at band. One of my friends is almost always the mafia for some reason, so she usually gets killed off pretty quickly. :D

I've played the game live, but it's always been with everyone sitting in chairs. It's fun, although I like playing it online better--real life alliances are harder to form.

I've played it at parties and it's always fun. Probably the best live game I ever witnessed was one with my choir group when we were on a long bus ride in Honduras. I didn't participate, but it was hilarious to listen to and watch- our youth leader came up with the most ridiculous death scenarios...:p
I have also always played it sitting around in chairs (or on a bus).

I played it live first. I have since played it on at least three forums, on Facebook, in email, in the car, on couches, on floors, everywhere in the world basically. ;)

Back