More Narnia Films

What creeped you out? I used to not like it, but now...I really don't know why i like it so much. I think it's because of Puddleglum. :D
I LOVE Puddleglum! :D

I was creeped out by the underworld. I was over-sensitive, I know, but still... whenever I re-read the book, I remember how scared I got. xD

Also, parts of the book kinda depressed me, although I can't remember what they were now. xD I'm re-reading the whole series; I'll get to that one soon and perhaps change my mind about it.

I just saw the VDT again tonight. It is beautiful! I notice more and more things. Like that Edmund fears the sea serpent at first. But later he sits in the dragon head of the ship, looks right at the beast and cries out: I'm here! What a change.

These kind of films really deserve to be supported.

I just saw the VDT again tonight. It is beautiful! I notice more and more things. Like that Edmund fears the sea serpent at first. But later he sits in the dragon head of the ship, looks right at the beast and cries out: I'm here! What a change.

Yes!!!! I'm praying and praying that they'll make TSC

I would like to see all Chronicles of Narnia to be put on movies. They ought to be since it will help children to know better about Christian stories, and they will learn from those movies about God and His majestic kingdom and who really Jesus is...It'll be a great help for parents..REALLY!..;)

Last edited:
when I read The Last Battle, I just can't help wondering HOW could someone make a movie of that? I mean, it's a spectacular book, but won't it be too hard to adapt? the scenes of the end of the world are just stunning, and I still think that they will need to wait a couple years to make it, so the special effects won't seem fake. this would be a VERY cool movie if they follow the book.

The book I really want that become a movie is the Magician's Nephew. and I do think that Tilda Swinton HAS to play the White Witch again (she was such a great villain in LWW). It's so cool when the witch comes to the real world. it's definitely something I want to see on screen.
If this movie ever be made, I was wondering how would it start, as the producers surprised us in all movies about the way the kids go to Narnia.

Really hope they keep making more Narnia movies

agreed! It would be perfect irony (as someone has said before me, idk who...) if they stop production after SC.
Lord forbid, but if SC failed at the box office and Fox dropped the series, I don't think Walden would stop shopping the series around. Even if nobody would want to release it theatrically, there is always the DTV route. (abit with lower budget :( ). The problem with a reboot would be that the series is already THE Narnia for many. LWW runs yearly on ABC and other Disney owned networks around Christmas a'la The Wizard of Oz . If someone decided to start over 15-20 years from now, they would have to beat the "Disney Version effect" (Mainly the phrase is for disney titles, but Narnia kinda works cause it started there, It means that a adapted work becomes THE version of a story)

I loved your observations on Edmund's bravery at the end of VDT. For some reason I had never really looked at it that way, so I am so happy you pointed that out! :D
I cannot even begin to describe in words how much I hope they continue filming the Narnia series. To see each of the books adapted would be so fantastic!! There are so many scenes from the books that would be so beautiful visually. Such as the Wood Between the Worlds in MN. :)

I cannot even begin to describe in words how much I hope they continue filming the Narnia series. To see each of the books adapted would be so fantastic!! There are so many scenes from the books that would be so beautiful visually. Such as the Wood Between the Worlds in MN. :)

yeah, I was thinking about that too!
I guess I'm the only one that want that they make MN first, cuz I'm so exited about it :D
but I understand It would be more logical to make SC first :/

Whichever comes first, Magician's Nephew or Silver Chair is okay with me. Besides they will going to put it on DVD..:D

I loved your observations on Edmund's bravery at the end of VDT. For some reason I had never really looked at it that way, so I am so happy you pointed that out! :D

You're welcome :) It's good to see the film several times.
I liked your observation about Edmund's torch, that Caspian probably found it at Miraz' castle.

Yes, there are many great scenes in the books. Let's continue to support the VDT!!

I fear for the Narnia francise. As reported, this one did less well than Caspian, and I had much higher hopes for it. If it didn't, then there proabably won't be a Silver Chair--which is a shame.

They did a good job for the most part. They changed some scenes, sure. They allowed EUstace to keep his dragon form longer--which actually helped the story. EUstace was such a spongecake.

We never quite got a glimpse of Aslan's country, like in the book. But at least they got that quote from Aslan about him having another name.

I fear for the Narnia francise. As reported, this one did less well than Caspian, and I had much higher hopes for it. If it didn't, then there proabably won't be a Silver Chair--which is a shame.

They did a good job for the most part. They changed some scenes, sure. They allowed EUstace to keep his dragon form longer--which actually helped the story. EUstace was such a spongecake.

We never quite got a glimpse of Aslan's country, like in the book. But at least they got that quote from Aslan about him having another name.

Yes, most of the film is good. And it deserves to do well.

I understand your fears, but all isn't over yet. The film is still in cinemas. That's why we should all continue to support the film, see it several times, tell our friends, write on the internet etc.

The better the film does, the bigger is the chance for SC!
I still have faith in this.
"We have nothing if not belief!" (Quote: Reepicheep!) :)

^^ I agree with Liz and also not only watching it on cinemas but if also the film is also nominated, we must vote for it so that it'll win and maybe they will going to think that the movie did well in the cinemas. And let's buy the original copy of the movie so that they will know that the wasn't only did great in the cinemas but also in music store...:D

Yes, most of the film is good. And it deserves to do well.

I understand your fears, but all isn't over yet. The film is still in cinemas. That's why we should all continue to support the film, see it several times, tell our friends, write on the internet etc.

The better the film does, the bigger is the chance for SC!
I still have faith in this.
"We have nothing if not belief!" (Quote: Reepicheep!) :)

I agree, and am going to see it again in about an hour and a half's time! I have also put a comment on my facebook wall, encouraging people to go and see it.

Actually, there was a glimpse of Aslan's country, and it was just about what the book presented: the tops of impossibly tall mountains that could be seen beyond the wall of water that marked the edge of that world.

Back