Narnia or Middle Earth?

Narnia or Middle Earth?

• Narnia!

Votes: 73 66.4%
  • Middle Earth!

Votes: 37 33.6%

• Total voters
ooo, the delima. I love them both! They both baptizied my imagination and let me to being a writer. I got it, I will desice it by how I re-read the boosk every year....

Middle-earth will be my winter home.

Narnia my summer home.

I chose Narnia simply because Middle-Earth never really 'got' to me.
I've read the books and all, and they're good, but there's just something about Narnia that makes me lean towards its favor.

Sadly i'm going to have to say Middle Earth.

But see, I do a great deal of watching the movies... and they were both filmed in the same place. So talking about the place itself, there about the same.

I want to read the Anthropos books...they sound interesting...but my library system doesn't have any.:(

lol, is the library I go to the only library with those books?!?!:p:(
'Course I have no clue how my mom found those books, I've searched and searched for them at our library. But then again I can't find the LOTR books again there either.:p

Narnia, definitely, and I'll tell you why.

1) In Middle Earth, all too often might makes right. How would you like to appeal a speeding ticket to Boromir? I can just see you objecting to Wormtongue that he can't seize your home without a warrant because you have "constitutional rights".

2) Talking Beasts. Paws down. Elves are, as I understand it, immortal vulcans with emotions. And that's if they let you see them. I'd rather share a Rib-Sticker Stew with a fox and badger any day and nobody tells funny stories like an otter after his third round.

3) In Middle Earth, your life was only really interesting if you were obscenely wealthy, powerful, or unlucky. The peasants working out in the field to coax corn and peas out of the soil had precisely the same sort of interesting life that the ones in 15th century Flanders and Bavaria had. And they probably lived just as long. Which wasn't very. And if you were obscenely wealthy, powerful or unlucky, someone was shooting at you.

You have to get out of the beautiful princess mindset. You have the chances of the New York Lottery of being Lashima of the Lovely Locks with men fighting and dying for the right to call you "Sweet Baboo". You have to forget being the Mighty Man of Valour whose blade stops at nought but mercy to the repentent foe. You have a better shot at being a star quarterback for the Los Angeles Rams than being the greatest warrior of them all. You are a fish monger. You are a dish washer. You are a floor sweeper. And that's if you're lucky enough not to be the assistant grave digger.

Narnia, definitely, and I'll tell you why.

3) In Middle Earth, your life was only really interesting if you were obscenely wealthy, powerful, or unlucky. The peasants working out in the field to coax corn and peas out of the soil had precisely the same sort of interesting life that the ones in 15th century Flanders and Bavaria had. And they probably lived just as long. Which wasn't very. And if you were obscenely wealthy, powerful or unlucky, someone was shooting at you.

You have to get out of the beautiful princess mindset. You have the chances of the New York Lottery of being Lashima of the Lovely Locks with men fighting and dying for the right to call you "Sweet Baboo". You have to forget being the Mighty Man of Valour whose blade stops at nought but mercy to the repentent foe. You have a better shot at being a star quarterback for the Los Angeles Rams than being the greatest warrior of them all. You are a fish monger. You are a dish washer. You are a floor sweeper. And that's if you're lucky enough not to be the assistant grave digger.

Too right EveningStar. the average person in middle earth would be a peasent or maybe a soldier. Me being a woman means i won't get the chance to be the latter. Eowyn was a princess when it all said and done. Normal life wouldn't be as exciting as in Naria.

Dryads, talking beast, fauns. It wouldn't matter if you were royal or not everyday would be an adventure:)

Narnia is my first love and in a way we could get to Aslan Country (heaven) for real. I'll see my younger brother again:D

Well, I searched for a Tolkien-related thread. This one will do.

Middle-Earth for sure is on top when it comes to inspiring epic verse.

Back