Narnia or Middle Earth?

Narnia or Middle Earth?

• Narnia!

Votes: 73 66.4%
  • Middle Earth!

Votes: 37 33.6%

• Total voters
Middle Earth! I love Narnia too and I would definatly want to visit but if I was picking somewhere to live it would be where the Elves are.:D

(Thanks for finding the thread, Mozart.:p)

I must say Narnia. oddly at this point I'm reading three of my favorite adventure books... two of which are LWW and FOTR. And I just love Narnia a little bit more still. Besides Middle Earth is never said to have talking animals.:D;)

(lol another old thread I found :p)

*Coughcough*Smaugdoes*coughcough*

There are talking animals in Middle-Earth. Smaug talks to Bilbo in the Hobbit and as I remember the Hobbit still took place in Middle-Earth and don't forget the small moth which came to Gandalf.

*Coughcough*Smaugdoes*coughcough*

There are talking animals in Middle-Earth. Smaug talks to Bilbo in the Hobbit and as I remember the Hobbit still took place in Middle-Earth and don't forget the small moth which came to Gandalf.

And didn't the spiders in Mirkwood talk? And Sam said that his pony Bill would talk if he stayed in Rivendell much longer. And the eagles talked.:p

Last edited:
To harp on a three year old post (it hardly seems fair!), someone said that they would rather go to Middle Earth because it was written about much more vividly.

BAH! What if I sent you a blu-ray high def travelogue about South Georgia Island with its whaling museum, ice, snow and weather station and a postcard about Nassau, Bahamas? Would you hitch up the sled dogs?

Better yet would you rather go to Heaven where they sing and play or go to hell where the 10,500 metre deep Canyon of Sorrows gives you a chance for a breathtaking slow-motion dive into a bubbling morass of lava? :p

And who in their right mind would want to see Aslan when they could be enslaved by Sauron, hmm? Come on, folks, admit it. That blinking all-seeing eye on Mount Doom is kinda cute.

Last edited:
To harp on a three year old post (it hardly seems fair!), someone said that they would rather go to Middle Earth because it was written about much more vividly.

BAH! What if I sent you a blu-ray high def travelogue about South Georgia Island with its whaling museum, ice, snow and weather station and a postcard about Nassau, Bahamas? Would you hitch up the sled dogs?

Better yet would you rather go to Heaven where they sing and play or go to hell where the 10,500 metre deep Canyon of Sorrows gives you a chance for a breathtaking slow-motion dive into a bubbling morass of lava? :p

And who in their right mind would want to see Aslan when they could be enslaved by Sauron, hmm? Come on, folks, admit it. That blinking all-seeing eye on Mount Doom is kinda cute.

*chuckles* I prefer Middle Earth for a similar reason, but I think perhaps what the forumer meant by "vividly" is that Middle Earth has a history and cultures that are shown more in-depth. If depth is what you're looking for in the place you want to live--I always am looking for it, even in the real world--Middle Earth has it. Narnia doesn't have quite as much because it was originally intended as a children's series (nothing wrong with that, it's just that most elementary school students would have more trouble suffering through the notes at the end of LOTR than they would reading LWW). THAT DOESN'T MEAN THERE IS NO DEPTH IN NARNIA! It's just that Tolkien worried more about cultures and backgrounds in LOTR than C. S. Lewis did. THIS DOES NOT MEAN CON IS BAD IN ANY WAY! It just means people have differing personalities.

Although, personalities nonwithstanding, I don't think any LOTR fans really long to live in Mordor.

I'd live in the Wood Between the Worlds from MN, so I could go to Narnia, Middle Earth, Earth, whenever I felt like it.:D

Choosing between Narnia and Middle Earth is impossible.:eek:
Narnia sounds more comfortable to live in, though.:D

For some reason Crac-O-Doom sounds like a cheap knockoff of Ritz Crackers and I expect to see a bowl of guacamole dip beside it.

........ I want to find Mt. Doom so that I can throw my computer and math book into it.....:D:p

I'll go with you and bring my biological science textbook, along with the flash cards I was required to make. (And still haven't used.) Maybe Mount Doom is a wonderful place after all.;)

I have to be honest, I would go Middle Earth all the way :D I love Narnia and it is much more peaceful but I feel like I know Middle Earth like the back of my hand, I'd be happy to live pretty much anywhere in it :p

Although, personalities nonwithstanding, I don't think any LOTR fans really long to live in Mordor.

Well, I can't much to what has been already said, though if I wasn't lazy, I'll surely come up with something from my personal experience after reading the trilogy.

If CON had been told with in a more detailed way, it'd have been a tough reading for children, turning it into a book which should not be taken so lightly when teaching children to appreciate literature. CON and The Hobbit had done a good deal of appealing to children and adults for a long time, and they will still have such an effect.

Anyway...

Yes, I'd like to live in Mordor. More than for the sake of the pure thrill of riots, heat, thunder and lightning bolts, and quarrels and quarrels and quarrels and even more quarrels as dishes of ill-flavored custards are threwn to the groud.

Oh, and Mount Doom will be the best place ever for a concert. For me, nothing can beat that. \m/

As much as I would love to live in Middle Earth, I think I would prefer Narnia because it just feels much more peaceful when you hear "Narnia" spoken, as opposed to hearing "Middle Earth" and thinking of cloudy desolation and a land that is no longer young. :(

However, I suppose I could go to Middle Earth for a little bit, but only if it means I get some Crac-O-Doom crackers! I'll bring the guacamole. :D

Back