Once a Queen in Narnia, always a queen.

SisterInArms

Hello everyone,

Been a long time, so I thought I would stop by. Things have definitely been busy in my world. I am a married woman now, with a two-year-old boy. I'm still majorly a nerd, and my love of Narnia has not diminished.

Not sure how many of you will still remember me. But it's nice to see those who remember me. ;)

Hope you are all well. Even if it's just as well as you can be at the moment.

~ Sarah

SisterinArms,
Thank you so much for zooming by -- blessings on you, your marriage and your son! One of my major joys during pandemic was reading through the seven Narnicles of Chronnia (our family pet name for this series) as a family with my husband and daughter. The characters are our familiar friends now, so it was especially fun to see my daughter's joy and glee anticipating the victories and happy plot twists, and to share her disapprobation of such characters as Shift (Last Battle), the Lady of the Green Kirtle (Silver Chair), etc.

What a thrill for you (someday soon, I hope?) to have the privilege of introducing your son to Narnia!

The movies made it seem that Jadis herself was being brought back-- because the moviemakers (1) wanted Tilda Swinton in the credits, and (2) failed to grasp the difference between Omnipotent God and a magic-user. Nikabrik's crowd in "Prince Caspian" believed that Jadis could be revived-- in other words, that Aslan WASN'T God and therefore His own direct actions could be undone by magic. (Note their skepticism about His resurrection in the book.) But Mister Lewis never committed himself to agreeing that Aslan was not omnipotent and that His actions COULD be undone.

The Dawn Treader movie walked the idea back somewhat, by allowing a possibility that Jadis' ghost seen by Edmund was only in his mind.

According to what I can see online, mind you I have not read the book myself, but Nikabrik prepares to begin a ritual to resurrect her in Prince Caspian, but is killed before being able to do so.

Back