Puddleglum

Catherine

i heard that Douglas Gresham (one of the producers for the Narnia films, and also C.S. Lewis' stepson, for those of u who don't know) thinks that Andrew Adamson should play Puddleglum in The Silver Chair. I think Andrew could pull it off. What do u guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Woah. wait.... um, where did you hear that? :eek: That's really weird... I dunno...
hey!! yeah, there used to b an old thread aabout this same thing!!! GREAT!! i think it will be the most HILARIOUS thing in the world. Puddlegum is serious but yet, so hilarious!! I always laugh about his words on the Silver Chair book. I think it'll be great and if I get to play Jill, I'll be very pleased!! I love Andrew.

I thought the concept was pretty funny. It was in the LWW Official Illustrated Movie Companion, actually. I had that book out from the library and I read it to death.

hey!! yeah, there used to b an old thread aabout this same thing!!! GREAT!! i think it will be the most HILARIOUS thing in the world. Puddlegum is serious but yet, so hilarious!! I always laugh about his words on the Silver Chair book. I think it'll be great and if I get to play Jill, I'll be very pleased!! I love Andrew.

i thought there was a thread some where in here about this, but it's not here anymore, so i made this one.

There was a thread....I'll try to find it later.

I've heard that about Andrew. I think he would be good at it. It would be interesting to see him as director, producer, and then cast member. He'd fit pretty well for Puddleglum.

Yeah!! But it'd be good because he deserves to have a part on, at least, one film after the GREAT LWW film he has done for us, Narnia Fans. And Andrew's pretty funny, have someone heard the LWW audio commentaries? with will, anna, georgie, skan and Andrew? Those are so hilarious!!!!!!
I think Andrew would fit very well for that.

I hate to sound all beefy, but I wouldn't be happy with an American playing an important role like Puddleglum - especially Puddleglum as he is such a perfect image of British pessimism and misery but with that stolid and relaible undercurrent.

I don't know about that idea I mean... I hated in the movie how there would be all English accents and then out of the clear blue sky there would be an American accent. It was just weird!
That probably doesn't bother most people but it did me... :eek:

I don't know about that idea I mean... I hated in the movie how there would be all English accents and then out of the clear blue sky there would be an American accent. It was just weird!
That probably doesn't bother most people but it did me... :eek:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Maugrim annoyed me in LWW as did Orieus with their American accents. I am a bit biased though

I hate to sound all beefy, but I wouldn't be happy with an American playing an important role like Puddleglum - especially Puddleglum as he is such a perfect image of British pessimism and misery but with that stolid and relaible undercurrent.
Yes, well... you shouldn't doubt about people's skills because of their nationality, you know... of course, sure u didn't mean that but it just sounded like it. :S
And well, even though I really believe he may be a good puddleglum, you may be right. And i don't know, however, whether if Andrew can act very well or not. We can see that, if he wasn't a very good actor, the Pevensie kids wouldn't have just made a good performance on every scene with the beavers, for Andrew was there "playing" Mr. Beaver.( I can not get concentrated when someone who doesn't know how to really act is my partner, lol. But i do my best, however.) :D

Yes, well... you shouldn't doubt about people's skills because of their nationality, you know... of course, sure u didn't mean that but it just sounded like it. :S
And well, even though I really believe he may be a good puddleglum, you may be right. And i don't know, however, whether if Andrew can act very well or not. We can see that, if he wasn't a very good actor, the Pevensie kids wouldn't have just made a good performance on every scene with the beavers, for Andrew was there "playing" Mr. Beaver.( I can not get concentrated when someone who doesn't know how to really act is my partner, lol. But i do my best, however.) :D

Oh no - I think Americans are naturally better actors than Brits because of there outgoingness. If you see an American acting with a good British actor - the Brit will always seem wooden unless they're particularly talented.

What I'm on about is principal and accents. On principal, British actors should act in a British based film - I don't think Lewis imagined Narnians having American accents. On accent - Americans think they can do a British accent... but they REALLY can't - save for a very small few (eg. Johnny Depp, Gwynneth Paltrow, Renee Zellweger and afew others...)

Oh no - I think Americans are naturally better actors than Brits because of there outgoingness. If you see an American acting with a good British actor - the Brit will always seem wooden unless they're particularly talented.

What I'm on about is principal and accents. On principal, British actors should act in a British based film - I don't think Lewis imagined Narnians having American accents. On accent - Americans think they can do a British accent... but they REALLY can't - save for a very small few (eg. Johnny Depp, Gwynneth Paltrow, Renee Zellweger and afew others...)
oooohhh, I see now. :D
You're right, it's really hard to MAKE brit accent. I hate when Nicole Kidman does it. She really can't have that coldness and that... THING on brit accent that makes it so special. I see you're right now. Heehee.

I might be mistaken about this, but listening to Andrew talk, and being American myself, it sounds to me that he does not have an American accent. If anything it sounds British. Now, like I said, it is a good possibility that I am mistaken in what I am saying, so could someone tell me if he does have an American accent or not? To me it sounds like he is British.

Either way, I think he would be brilliant at the part of PUddleglum! It would be interesting to see him on the other side of the camera!

I might be mistaken about this, but listening to Andrew talk, and being American myself, it sounds to me that he does not have an American accent. If anything it sounds British. Now, like I said, it is a good possibility that I am mistaken in what I am saying, so could someone tell me if he does have an American accent or not? To me it sounds like he is British.

Either way, I think he would be brilliant at the part of PUddleglum! It would be interesting to see him on the other side of the camera!

Andrew doesn't sound American but he doesn't sound British either, he sounds a bit New Zealandish to me... I don't know

He may well be Antipodean... but that would be even worse cos they're happier than Americans!!! :D

Oh, I think he'd be a great Puddleglum. I mean, he could make the children laugh with his acting as the Beavers on set, couldn't he? Although who knows? There could be someone even better suited to the character than Andrew.

Back