The Sounds of Christmas

I like;

The Manhiem steamroller score or whatever it is.
Rudolph the Red nosed reindeer
Rockin' around the Christmas tree
Little Drummer boy
Jingle Bells/ Jingle bell rock
a song that I think is called Believe... (its the one at the end of The Polar Express)
The greatest time of year
Frosty the snowman

and some I can't think of the names of.

Oh, I also really like "His favorite Christmas story" By Capital Lights. If you have not heard this one I recommend you do though it made my mom cry.

iMove to Tea with Tumnus section -- per the forum restructure, the Christianity & Narnia forum contains only threads that directly relate Christian themes to Narnia and CSL's other writings.

Here anyone, Christian or non-Christian, can share their favorite Christmas tunes. Mine is "O Holy Night" -- I also like Transiberian Orchestra's "Christmas Eve Sarajevo." When I hear that the first time each season, then it's really Christmas time. :)

My Favorite Christmas songs

Merry Christmas One and All!!!!!
I would have to say my all time favorite Christmas songs are
Trans Siberian Orchestra Carol of the Bells
Bare Naked Ladies and Sarah McLachlan Oh Rest Ye Merry Gentel Men
Mariah Carrey Oh Holy Night
Kenny Rodgers Mary Did You Know.
And of course there are others but these are my most Faves.

Love you all come follow me on Twitter choclatcvrdblon

Anna Marie
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!!

I forgot about Mary Did You Know, that's a great one, and I like Breath of Heaven as well. I have Amy Grant's version of Breath of Heaven, and Mark Lowry's version of Mary Did You Know, as he wrote the lyrics.

Christmas time is here - revised

I revised the Peanut's "Christmas time is here" lyrics for our church choir, adding 2 verses for the middle of the song to substitute the Sleighbells section:

Christmas time is here,
happiness and cheer,
fun for all that children
call their favorite time of year.

Snowflakes in the air,
carols everywhere,
olden times and ancient rhymes
and love and dreams to share.

God so loved the world
He gave His only Son
that whosoe'er believes in Him
may live with Him as one;

God so loved the world
He gave us Jesus Christ
That all who trust His gift of love
may have eternal life

I revised the Peanut's "Christmas time is here" lyrics for our church choir, adding 2 verses for the middle of the song to substitute the Sleighbells section:

Christmas time is here,
happiness and cheer,
fun for all that children
call their favorite time of year.

Snowflakes in the air,
carols everywhere,
olden times and ancient rhymes
and love and dreams to share.

God so loved the world
He gave His only Son
that whosoe'er believes in Him
may live with Him as one;

God so loved the world
He gave us Jesus Christ
That all who trust His gift of love
may have eternal life

Neat! Good place to transition, too.

When Leontyne Price was young she performed "O Holy Night" so beautifully that God himself must have cried. I'm lucky to have a recording of that performance.

My all time favourite is "Silent Night", and I've appreciated it from a variety of artists. But there is one other song that I simply must hear every Christmas Eve and that's a recording of "Christmas Eve" by Johnny Mathis.

Timmy, I have a fab version of "Baby It's Cold Outside" from the soundtrack of that movie "Elf." I think it's Dr. John or Leon Redbone, someone like that, awesome.

ES, that must have been an amazing version of O Holy Night, which is my very favorite.

Lexy, welcome, I did not see you post before! :)
And I did not know Danny Boy was a Christmas song! Although I do love the song for itself.

Lately on the radio I've heard Bebo Norman's "Come and Worship," which is nice, and "You're Here" by Francesca Basticelli (OK, I don't know how to spell her name!) and I'm really liking that one.

When Leontyne Price was young she performed "O Holy Night" so beautifully that God himself must have cried. I'm lucky to have a recording of that performance.

My all time favourite is "Silent Night", and I've appreciated it from a variety of artists. But there is one other song that I simply must hear every Christmas Eve and that's a recording of "Christmas Eve" by Johnny Mathis.

Thanks for sharing... I looked up Leontyne Price's "O Holy Night" on youtube and it was very moving, especially verse 2...

As for the Johnny Mathis song do you mean "Every Christmas Eve"?

My favorite Christmas CD I own is Bonanza: Christmas on the Ponderosa. It is so fun to listen to the Carwrights sing Christmas songs.:D

Last edited:
I like "We Three Kings of Orient Are"...except that every time I hear the tune, the rubber cigar words go through my head instead of the correct ones:eek: (thanks, Ryan...:rolleyes:)

I like "We Three Kings of Orient Are"...except that every time I hear the tune, the rubber cigar words go through my head instead of the correct ones:eek: (thanks, Ryan...:rolleyes:)

That happens to me sometimes with "Joy to the World." I like the real words, but somebody wrote a parody of it about Barney, and there are times when I can't hear the tune without thinking about the second set of words. "Joy to the world, Barney's dead. We barbequed his head..." *groan*

I love this song my choir sings at Church. It goes like this:

Sing we now of Christmas sing we now Noel

Sing we Noel the King is born Noel
Sing we Noel the king is born Noel

Noel! Noel!
Noel! Noel!

Sing we now of Christmas sing we now Noel!

Those are just some tid-bits I remeber but I can't recall what its called.:eek::D

We Three Kings of Orient Are , Angels We Have Heard On High, Away In A Manger, Do You Hear What I Hear, Go Tell It On The Mountain, Hark! The Herald Angels Sing, Holly Jolly Christmas, It Came Upon A Midnight Clear, Joy To The World, O Christmas Tree, O Come, All Ye Faithful, O Little Town Of Bethlehem, Silent Night, The First Noel,The Chipmunk Song, The Most Wonderful Day Of The Year, We Wish You A Merry Christmas, Where Are You Christmas, White Christmas, siver bells, The Twelve Days Of Christmas, Sleigh Ride ............... Just a few of my favorites I pretty much love all christmas songs.........:D

Back