Animation or Live-action?

Which film medium should the New Narnia film series be done?

• Live action!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sven-El

The new Narnia movies are only in development at this point, but I figured it was time for another topic of discussion. Which medium should the stories be translated into? Live action or animation?

The advantage with animation is that voice actors don't have to LOOK LIKE the character. For instance, the late voice actor Kevin Conroy performed PERFECTLY as the animated Batman, but I have no idea what he looked like.

The advantage with animation is that voice actors don't have to LOOK LIKE the character. For instance, the late voice actor Kevin Conroy performed PERFECTLY as the animated Batman, but I have no idea what he looked like.
Excellent point, Copperfox. In fact when I read a Batman comic that is often the voice I "hear". ( Unless it's a Golden or early Silver Age story, then it's Adam West.)

For example, I was watching Star Trek Strange New Worlds the other day and it occured to me that actress Christina Chong ( La'an Noonien-SIngh) would be a perfect voice for Jadis (she is only 5'4" a little on the short side for playing Jadis in live action who is described as being a giantess unless they employ the forced perspective that were used by Peter Jackson in Lord of the Rings to make the 6'4" John Rhys Davies shorter than Orlando Bloom, Viggo Mortensen, and Ian McKellen, ) She sounds appropriately cold, but enchanting, perfect for an ice queen.

Further, one only need to look at the tenure that the child voice actors had on the Peanuts Holiday Specials often had, usually going a good five years before they were recast. While it is true that older kids should voice Peter and Susan, this can allow Edmund, Lucy and Eustace to continue their roles for a little longer then they did in live action. Case in point, actress like Jodie Benson, Paige O'Hara, Ming-Na Wen, Linda Larkin, and Idina Menzel ( all of whom are very stunning beauties), are in their 50s and 60s, and yet they still voice Ariel, Belle, Mulan, Jasmine and Elsa in all ancillary media for The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, Aladdin and Frozen. For example, if they want Millie Bobby Brown to play Susan, she's now 19, a little too old to play her in live action, but she could still voice her for animated adaptations of LWW, HHB, and PC.

Back