Any news about new Narnia books?

judyfromkansas

I think the series ended too soon. (And ended badly IMO). Narnia is so rich in imagery and ideas. Surely there are more stories to be told...At the very least there should be a story about Susan. I'll never forget the shock I felt when I read that she was "no longer a friend of Narnia". I even felt a little betrayed. That was a major bummer in "The Last Battle". The other major bummer was Narnia's Armegeddon, (blah, depressing), and when the religious allegory went a little too far. "The Last Battle" is the one Narnia book I have never re-read, and if it's followed to the letter in a movie, I doubt I'll go to see it. Might as well watch Oz implode!

To the believers, the last battle was the highlight of Narnia as the good little Ashlan(istians) went to heaven. To the skeptics and and unbelievers, the last battle was something not meant for children.

On a silly note, I actually wrote a fanfiction with Susan becoming a science teacher after that train crash, and on the night of Christmas three spirit of Christmas came to visit her: In the form of the White Queen who tried to tempt her into revenge and attempt to destroy the new Narnia (which Susan resisted), Lucy who wanted Susan to come home (which turned into a shouting match between the two), and finally an conversation with the Lion himself.

It ended in two ending, one which Susan, in her anger curtly replied "now if you excuse me, I have papers to grade and my students are waiting" She proceed to live on a secular life and eventually died without fear nor anger.

The second one is when one of her students (who, incidentally was an war orphan), where Susan ask her to sat down so she can tell the girl a story about a land far away and a kingdom beautiful...in which can lead to an adventure in itself as Susan discover her old bow, along with her student travel across a dozen worlds until they found Narnia again.

Ah well :)

Some stories are meant to be left for the readers and not the whim of an author. Just be happy!

The only new Narnia stories will be fanfics.

I am curious, I am sure someone has written a second Digory/Polly story where they go back to Narnia for some reason. Is there a story like that in these forums? On another site?

MrBob

I think that the ending was bittersweet, but not without hope. It was not the typical ending and yet not a bad one.

I hope that there will not be any other Narnia stories. In my mind that would be just plain wrong! It was good the way it was and since Lewis isn't going to write anymore, it's done. I know others have tried writing other books that have been published, but I do not and will not at any time support them. I won't be reading any others, fanfics are interesting, but I don't read many since they usually never reach the calibur of Lewis' writing. The 7 books are cannon, and I won't deal with anything else. Narnia is as Lewis wrote it, other authors need to make their own storied and fantasy worlds....not mess up Lewis'.

The Shameless Plugger Rides Again

Well, I-T-W, do remember that Mr. Lewis himself openly encouraged at least the writing of what would amount to fan fiction; so, if you have not yet done so, it isn't too late to click the tiger and read MY story!

Back