Books of Bayern - Shannon Hale

Hello, everyone! I was just wondering, has anyone ever read any of the Books of Bayern by Shannon Hale? They're four books: The Goose Girl, Enna Burning, River Secrets, and Forest Born. They're very well written, and have excellent fantasy qualities. Personally, I enjoyed The Goose Girl (which was actually based of the Grimm Brothers' fairytale) the best, but the others are okay.

I have read the first two books, but I agree with you -- the first book was the better than the second because it's fleshing out a familiar old fairytale was so well done. The Goose Girl struck just the right balance between the fresh/new and the traditional. The plot of Ena Burning seemed stretched a bit thin. But still I liked it well enough to be open to reading the other sequels sometime.

Yes, The Goose Girl was much better because of that balance. And to be honest, I wasn't a huge Enna fan anyway. She bothered me. I just didn't think that the next books were as good.

I've read all but the last one, which my library doesn't have. I like them and my favorite was The Goose Girl also.

Although I haven't read these books by Shannon Hale, I have read a few others like Princess Academy and Book of a Thousand Days.

Back