Christian Youth Theatre Performance!

DestinyLies

I just saw the CYT performance of Narnia [ http://cytrichmond.org ] and it was great!!!! They had to change several things because of time and stuff....has anyone ever seen a CYT performance????? I saw "Oliver" in November of 2007. :D

The best actress lastnight was the girl who played Lucy, her singing voice was great!!!!!

thanks for the link

Thanks for your post. I followed your link and saw that Christian Youth Theater is related to a group not far where I live, and there are affiliates across the US. So although I have never seen a CYT performance yet, maybe I can, now that I know it's out my way. I'd love to see the musical version of Narnia though...

The "Baxter Family" series of Christian romance-and-family novels by Karen Kingsbury depicts either this very same theatre ministry, or one just like it.

The "Baxter Family" series of Christian romance-and-family novels by Karen Kingsbury depicts either this very same theatre ministry, or one just like it.
Yes you are correct Copperfox that's where my mom and I found outa bout it but in the books it is KCT. :D I'm hoping to start a CYT [well help start one] here in NC!!!!!

HOLY COW!!! There's a Narnia musical?!?!?!?! AWESOMESAUCENESS!!!!!!! There's no CYT performance where I live though, but if it ever comes to my town I will be sure to see it!!!!

That must have been really awesome. I didn't know there were Narnia musicals. There was a school that was doing a regular play performance for Narnia and it was open to the public. I wanted to go but no one else did it and since I don't drive I had no choice but to not go. Oh well. :p
________
Portable Volcano

Last edited:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just found out today that a local theatre group is putting on The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe!!!!!!!!!! :eek: I was literally screaming in the car when I found out! My mom even got me tickets to see it!!! I sooooo can't wait to see it!!!!!! :D

Well I just got back from seeing the production. Turns out it was actually a play, and it was very different from the movie and quite different from the bookbut it was still very good. I even knew a few people that were in it!! Oh, and I also bought a Narnia shirt! ;)

sorry what the shirt looks like.

Oh. It's nothing really. It's just the production shirt. It's yellow and it just says "Theatre's Name Presents: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe." Then it just has the dates and times on it. It says the same thing on the back only it doesn't have the dates on it. I figured that if I wanted to have a Narnia shirt, this would be the closest I could get for now. :p

OMG!!!!!!! I had supper with my friends from out-of-state tonight and one of them told me that her high school is doing LWW this year!!!!!!! I am sooooooo coming up to see it!!!!!!!

awesome!!!!!!

I know! She promised me that she will reserve some tickets as soon as she finds the show times! She's not in it though, her school(which was also supposed to be the school that I would be going to if I hadn't had moved) does not accept freshman in their musicals. :(

Okay, so I got back from seeing the production a few hours ago, and I gotta say that it was WAY better than the one I saw over the summer. Even though it was the same production, it had a better cast and better set, and they even played music from both the movies during the scene changes, which made me freak out-literally. :rolleyes: Not to mention my cousin and I got front row seats! :D I also happened to know a lot of people that were in the production, which made me feel a little sad because I miss living in my old town so much. But still, it was a GREAT production, and I'm glad I saw it again. :)

Back