Do you think the actors/actresses were good?

Hey everyone! I was wondering if you guys thought that the casting directors did a good job. If you think they did, who was your favorite? If you don't think they did a good job, who would have been better for the part and why?
I think that the casting directors did a good job! All of the Pevensie kids actually look like they are brothers and sisters.

I thought the casting was great. :) My sister doesn't, though, since she was used to seeing the picture representations in the books. ;)

Last edited:
I also think the casting is good. They are believable as the characters they play, although some are a bit older than in the books. That doesn't bother me, though.

I also think the casting is good. They are believable as the characters they play, although some are a bit older than in the books. That doesn't bother me, though.
You got that right. Peter was about 13 in the books as compared to a 17-year-old playing him. But I don't mind either. :)

You got that right. Peter was about 13 in the books as compared to a 17-year-old playing him. But I don't mind either. :)

Yes, I have issues with the children (especially Susan and Peter) being played by older actors than the characters in the books. (Althugh I haven't seen Prince Caspian yet I know from the traliers that he is played by an older actor as well) But apart from that.
I just put that down to me me being a bit too bookish though lol

On the whole I think it was done well.

I generally like the cast and they have done a fairly good job with the scripts and direction they were given. Peter, Susan and Prince Caspian were a bit old for the parts, but I can let that slide a bit I guess.

The brightest of some of the spots were the characters of Lucy (Georgie played her nearly perfect I thought), the voice overs for Aslan, the Beavers, and Reepicheep. The animation and special effects for the all the Narnians were just really done well.

I liked the actors alot. They portaryed the kids and characters very well.... Even if some of them were older.;)

I just continue to think they should have had someone younger for Caspian.:rolleyes:

The best actors, I think, were probably Georgie (Lucy) and whoever does the voice for Aslan.:)

I think all the actors were great in their roles. I'm not terribly fond of Dr. Cornelius; for some reason, he just doesn't fit. I imagined Cornelius as being more dwarf-life...don't get me wrong, Vincent Grass is a good actor, he just was not right for the part. And, of course, I shall always defend Ben because old or not, he gave a good performance; I didn't think he was that old until I looked it up, and to be honest, he doesn't look that much older than Will Moseley. Making Caspian older made the story just a bit more believable than a 12 or 13 year old leading an army...even though Peter did that in LWW; it just would have been silly in PC.

I really hope Liam continues to do Aslan. It wouldn't be Narnia without him doing Aslan.

I think all the actors were great in their roles. I'm not terribly fond of Dr. Cornelius; for some reason, he just doesn't fit. I imagined Cornelius as being more dwarf-life...don't get me wrong, Vincent Grass is a good actor, he just was not right for the part. And, of course, I shall always defend Ben because old or not, he gave a good performance; I didn't think he was that old until I looked it up, and to be honest, he doesn't look that much older than Will Moseley. Making Caspian older made the story just a bit more believable than a 12 or 13 year old leading an army...even though Peter did that in LWW; it just would have been silly in PC.

I really hope Liam continues to do Aslan. It wouldn't be Narnia without him doing Aslan.

Tastes differ. I absolutely loved Vincent Grass as Dr. Cornelius. ;) He's a brilliant actor, and really like a father for Caspian.

I agree with you on Ben Barnes. He was good as Caspian, and he looks younger than he is. So that was fine with me. :D
And indeed, let's hope Liam Neeson will do Aslan.

i think that the dude who played Edmund wasn't a really good actor until the second movie: Prince Caspian. Ben Barnes was ok for Caspian...i guess.

I thought they did well overall with the casting. Vincent was wonderful as Cornelius. He seems to look taller on screen than he really is I think. He is such a kind man. The kids did well and it was tough to handle the ages since it took so long between films. I did think Ben was a bit old. It says he was supposed to be like Peter in age, but since they had Peter being a bit older it would have been better for them to go a tiny bit younger so that the characters weren't changed so much...but they played up in age and it almost ruined it completely. I like Ben, don't get me wrong, he's a wonderful actor and ever so talented. But, in playing everything older it made the film one that does not pass muster with me in representing The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. It is some sort of film fanfiction, but to me it is not the beloved Narnia I grew up on. I think he will do better in VDT since it fits his age better. In some ways I wish they'd have handled it like the BBC did in regards to Caspian. Georgie and Skandar are just amazing! I am overwhelmingly impressed with them! The voice actors did well, Peter Dinklage was a hoot, Shane pulls off the costumed creatures so well! To me, Tilda did not fit as the White Witch for the story I grew up on, but she did well in the role anyway. She didn't seem evil so much, at least not in any way that scared me or sent chills down my spine. Still, she did well. James what phenominal as Tumnus. He really was! Liam did well as Aslan. I think they did a good job with the film casting for the most part, but the closer they stick to the books the better it will be.

I thought they were all great in LWW, but Georgie disapointed me a little in PC, and Anna, a little bit too ...

I thought they were all great in LWW, but Georgie disapointed me a little in PC, and Anna, a little bit too ...

Georgie was in the movie? First time I saw it I barely noticed them as it seemed the filmakers were focusing more on Peter, and Susan then on Edmund and Lucy ( who really are the main characters of the first three books.)

Back