Fave quote

MrBob

I know it is bad, but I couldn't help but laugh at a quote at the end of the story narrative:

"...they were so used to quarreling and making up again that they got married so as to go on doing it more conveniently."

MrBob

I love that scene. It's very deep and meaningful. I also really like the part when aslan talks to Bree and Whin (sp?) and Aravis...it's great.
Who should play Aravis? hmmm....
i'll look for someone who looks like her...
and then post pics...i if i can...

Are the narnia books good? I havent read them yet. Im Tia bby the way

so, um so,,what do we talk about?

Hi Tia! you should go introduce yourself in the intro thread so that others can get to know you. Also, the Narnia books are all great.

http://www.narniafans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18511

Here is one my favorite quotes in the book:

"... if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to do another and harder and better one."

"I was the lion who forced you to join with Aravis. I was the cat who comforted you among the houses of the dead. I was the lion who drove the jackals from you while you slept. I was the lion who gave the Horses new strength of fear for the last mile so that you should reach King Lune in time. And I was the lion you do not remember who pushed the boat in which you lay, a child near death, so that it came to shore where a man sat, wakeful at midnight, to receive you."

And anyone I catch talking about this young lady will be first beaten to death and then burned alive and after that be kept on bread and water for six weeks. There. Lasaraleen seems to always be a little absent-minded. A little like my sister.:D

I know it is bad, but I couldn't help but laugh at a quote at the end of the story narrative:

"...they were so used to quarreling and making up again that they got married so as to go on doing it more conveniently."

MrBob

I want to use this quote at my wedding, if I ever get married, LOL.

Corin's reply to Rabadash, when he threatened people thus:
"Beware! The bolt of Tash descends from above!"
"Does it ever get stuck on a hook, halfway?"
Hilarious, as Rabadash was in just that kind of situation, having caught his mail on a hook.

Even though it's fairly well known this is definitely my favorite quote:

“It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
"But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
"Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
"I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”
― C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

" I see you are an idiot, whatever else you may be," said the Queen. "Answer me, once and for all, or I shall lose my patience. Are you human?"
Jadis when she first met Edmund.

" I see you are an idiot, whatever else you may be," said the Queen. "Answer me, once and for all, or I shall lose my patience. Are you human?"
Jadis when she first met Edmund.

Hahaha! That's a great line! Lewis, I think, does a great job at inserting humor into his stories as well.

Back