Favorite Soundtrack

What's your favorite movie or musical soundtrack? Mine is Spring Awakening, which is a brill Broadway show.

EDIT But I also LOVE the Harry Potter ones, as well as Narnia and PotC, and LotR.

Last edited:
One of my favorite soundtacks is the one to the second Pirates of the Carribean movie. I love the Davy Jones theme and the hounting music that goes with his locket.

Awesome thread QSON!:)

My favorite soundtrack is from the movie "The Atonement". Dario Marianelli did an AMAZING job (especially on "Elegy for Dunkirk") and I'm happy that he won an Academy Award for Best Score. LWW comes in second place. :)

It's impossible to choose only one score, but some that I loved were from the following films:

-- Mel Gibson's "The Patriot"

-- "Apollo 13"

-- "Quigley Down Under"

-- "Braveheart"

-- "The Hunt For Red October"

-- Bruce Dern's "Silent Running"

-- "King Arthur"

-- "Chariots Of Fire"

-- "Robinson Crusoe On Mars"

-- John Wayne's "The Sons Of Katie Elder"

Those are some great sountracks, everyone!

For me, it doesn't get any better than LOTR, but LWW and Braveheart are also amazing. And it's impossible to neglect Star Wars. There are sooo many good ones....

LWW, Peter Pan (the one with real people... lol) and I'd love to get my hands on an August Rush soundtrack because the music sounds so beautiful. Also, The Greatest Game Ever Played

-I love the Stardust soundrack, even though it sounds alot like LotR at times...
-Timeline soundtrack :eek::D
-Im not a musicals fan, but My Fair Lady!
-And of course Pirates...Hans Zimmer is the man

Favorite soundtracks:
The High And the Mighty-theme
Exodus-theme
Titanic(never seen the movie,just like the music)
Lord of the Rings (all 3,esp. the 1st)
Narnia
Oklahoma
Fiddler On the Roof
Gladiator(never seen the movie,just like the music)
The Time Machine(haevn't seen the new version,just like the music)

Thats all that comes to mind right now...

My all-time favorite soundtrack is the Narnia soundtrack. Not just because I love Narnia, but the music is SOO amazing. Love it.

I also like the Pirates of the Caribbean Soundtracks. And the Star Wars ones.

I don't have many soundtracks, but I'm hoping to get more.

Favorite Soundtracks:

1. Narnia

2. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

3. ET

4. Medicine Man

5. Harry Potter

I love soundtracks! My favorites are:

-Narnia
-Titanic (amazing-I never get tired of it)
-Pride and Prejudice (2005 version-beautiful piano music)
-A Series of Unfortunate Events (really quirky music)
-Singin' in the Rain (my favorite musical)
-The Wizard of Oz
-The Sound of Music
-A ton of other classic movie soundtracks (I have a CD with songs from famous MGM musicals-I love it)

I like the Narnia soundtrack very much, but my favourites are all Lord of the Rings soundtracks, especially the Complete Recordings...:) I could listen to them all the time! (to be honest, I do...when I'm not listening to the LWW)

The soundtrack to "Fire and Ice" is also very good, the storyline is...pretty boring, but the music and the pictures are great!

There is a little-remembered black-and-white movie called "The Littlest Hobo," about an ownerless German Shepherd who does impossibly intelligent good deeds for the people he meets--makes Lassie and Rin Tin Tin seem retarded by comparison. It was also made into a TV series produced in Canada. Anyway, both movie and series used a touching theme song called "The Road Without End."

Back