Genealogy

jasmine tarkheena

Has anyone on here ever done genealogy or know anything about their family history?

I am of Italian descent. My surname, "Laury" is of Italian origin, "Lauro". My great-great-great grandparents immigrated from Italy and they were among those who established the Little Italy in New York City. Quindi un grande grido ai membri italiani sul forum ("So a big shout out to the Italian members on the forum" in Italian).

I also have French, Irish, Scottish, English, German, Austrian, and European Jewish in my ancestry.

Does any know what their family history is?

My uncle on my mother's side and my cousin on my father's side both did their respective genealogies decades ago well before modern DNA and looking up things on the internet.

My father's side came in to the US around the early 1900s from the Czech Republic (my cousin traced our family at least to the 1500s in that country) and Anglicized their name. My mother's side has been here since before the Revolution with one of my ancestors being a physician for George Washington. He came from what is now Germany in the early to mid 1770s. Some of the other ancestors come from places in the UK.

My mom, though born and raised on the States, is 100% Mexican. I have been able to trace back to the mid-1800's.

My dad is a mix of Great Britain (English, Scottish, Irish) and Native American. On line is traced to the area of Norwich, England c. 1620.

Back