Has anyone seen the 1967 version?

God this was before I was born. I don't remember this one, but there IS another animated version that I saw about twenty years ago, maybe even before that. It wasn't BBC. Now I can't remember anything except that the animation of course was very simplistic. I doubt anyone else here remembers this older animated version either.

Seen it. Hate it. The 2005 version is mmmmmmmmmmmuuuuuuuuucccccchhhh better than that low-budget movie. I like how they set some things up, but overall, on a scale of one to one hundred, I'd give it a 2.

The later animated version by Melendez was superb. Look at the greatest of the resurrection scenes ever filmed...

http://royalmagi.org/animation

Be SURE to take the 1.5 meg mp3 and listen to it as you watch the pictures. That is very important.

John B.

aslan_fan said:
Seen it. Hate it. The 2005 version is mmmmmmmmmmmuuuuuuuuucccccchhhh better than that low-budget movie. I like how they set some things up, but overall, on a scale of one to one hundred, I'd give it a 2.

No way NO WAY BBC ones are better than 2005 as they are more true to the book and the acting is better. A true Narnia fan though will like all of them. I do but I promote the BBC one because that is my fave.

Anyway I bet in 50 years time they'll do another CON and then they'll say the 2005 one was rubbish. Which ones the 1967 version? I wanna see it now.

If the 1967 one is the animated one with Edmund with glasses then I have seen it and I like that too. I like all the versions of Narnia but BBC is best.

Rank order for me is BBC, animated and 2005

Availability of 1967 version

I have the 1979 animated version. I have the BBC adaptations. Of course, I have the movie. But where can you find the 1967 version?

timbalionguy said:
I have the 1979 animated version. I have the BBC adaptations. Of course, I have the movie. But where can you find the 1967 version?

Which animated version is which? I can't tell well I've obviously not seen one of them so I would like to see the one I haven't seen.

Back