High Queen?

OK, if Peter is the High King, and he is the oldest boy, then why isn't Susan the High Queen? I mean, she's the eldest girl!
Couldn't they give Peter the title, "Highest King of Kings" or something, and make Susan 'High Queen' (If they gave them the same title--excpet Peter's would be King, and Susan's would be Queen--then they'd be of the same powers)??
Goodness gracious!

PM me (QueenSusanofNarnia) if you agree!

High Queen....

It's rather simple. High King is the person delegated to perform the act of a soverign where only one person may do it. Such as opening Parlement. He is the one that would settle the dispute if Lucy promised one person a contract and someone else had unknowingly gotten Edmund to promise them the same contract. He breaks the tie if there is a 2x2 vote.

Chakal said:
It's rather simple. High King is the person delegated to perform the act of a soverign where only one person may do it. Such as opening Parlement. He is the one that would settle the dispute if Lucy promised one person a contract and someone else had unknowingly gotten Edmund to promise them the same contract. He breaks the tie if there is a 2x2 vote.

Oh, OK. Sorry about that, I just never thought of it that way. I mean, Susan IS the eldest girl, so if you kind of think about it....

Well, it'll be nice if Susan WAS High Queen... But sadly she's not.

Remember the conversation Peter had with Aslan? Aslan said "That a man should rule over Narnia. Since you are a man and the first-born, you are to rule over Narnia." or something like that... So Aslan destined Peter to rule Narnia.

.:~anna~:. said:
Well, it'll be nice if Susan WAS High Queen... But sadly she's not.

Remember the conversation Peter had with Aslan? Aslan said "That a man should rule over Narnia. Since you are a man and the first-born, you are to rule over Narnia." or something like that... So Aslan destined Peter to rule Narnia.

i don't think that he included the "Man" part, but definatly the first part. in the movie at least... :)

Back