"I too want my family safe."

Did anyone else notice that? Aslan says - when he's talking to Peter (*sigh*) looking at Cair Paravel - "I too want my family safe."
I mean - I know we know he has a father (Emporer-across-the-sea) but I think he means like wife and children.
What do you think?

Aslan means Creation. There is no Mrs. God and no Mrs. Christ (unless you count the late drama critic Judith Christ).

Please understand once and for all that immortals don't have need of a sex life. It is a nice invention for people that need to be replaced periodically, but it only arose when creation brought biology into the mix.

EveningStar said:
Aslan means Creation. There is no Mrs. God and no Mrs. Christ (unless you count the late drama critic Judith Christ).

Please understand once and for all that immortals don't have need of a sex life. It is a nice invention for people that need to be replaced periodically, but it only arose when creation brought biology into the mix.
That's all what I thought!
I was sort of shocked when I heard that in the movie! I was like, "Huh?"
My friend (who was watching it with me one day) said, "He has a family? Like - little lion cubbies?"
I wasn't sure...

Only "The DaVinci Code" says Aslan has cubs.... :D

Sally Ann, Arabella, and Aslan Jr. :rolleyes:

rofl!!!! good one!
i also though that he meant his vcreation i.e Narnia like representing the world
Aslan having a family lol
Mr and Mrs God never heard that one beofre!

QueenSusanofNarnia said:
Did anyone else notice that? Aslan says - when he's talking to Peter (*sigh*) looking at Cair Paravel - "I too want my family safe."
I mean - I know we know he has a father (Emporer-across-the-sea) but I think he means like wife and children.
What do you think?

He meant all his family...meaning just that, the animals, the Pevensies...all that he loved.

Its' like when God says we're His children: He's referring to us when we are Christians. THe Narnians were the ones Aslan was referring to, and the Pevensies, and all the good creatures.

That IS what he meant. You know like GOD'S FAMILY? Aslan doesn't need a 'wife' or a 'mate' or his own cubs to mean FAMILY. He meant the creatures of Narnia, and the Pevensies, and all those he loved.

I'm going to move this to "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe" movie section.

iMove to "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe" movie section.

Back