Ideas for Opening Credits In Narnia Films

jasmine tarkheena

I was thinking a lot about ideas for opening credits for each Narnia film. The first two Walden films each had a lengthy opening credits (name of company, film title, cast and crew)

Here’s some ideas I was thinking-
MN- a shot of Victorian London
LWW- perhaps the Pevensies on the train
HHB- perhaps baby Shasta and a soldier on a boat in the water
PC- Not sure on this one. Maybe the nurse telling a toddler Caspian stories?
VDT- Caspian and his crew setting sail on the Dawn Treader
SC- Not sure on this one
LB- This is kind of a tricky one

Any ideas on the opening credits for each Narnia film?

For Silver Chair:

You may remember how Lewis wrote that Experiment House had boring books. How about this?

Movie opens with exterior view of the school, then moves indoors. Eustace and Jill are unhappily reading their dreary textbooks. There's a series of closeups of pictures on the pages; but C.G.I. transforms each mundane picture into something Narnia-like.

For H&HB, I will go back to my preferred scene if it was a television series. Open with the coronation of the Pevensies, if not the same scene used at the end of the film. Move on to the after party (I liked the way the Walden movie did it, which gave me the idea) where Aslan is leaving. Follow him running down the coastline (from his POV) until he leaps into the water and helps the boat to shore. This will neatly tie the timeline of when the story takes place as well as giving the original actors a small place in the movie for familiarity.

VotDT could have Lucy and Eustace packing and being brought by their parents to their aunt and uncle's house. Or all four packing for their respective locations.

For Silver Chair:

You may remember how Lewis wrote that Experiment House had boring books. How about this?

Movie opens with exterior view of the school, then moves indoors. Eustace and Jill are unhappily reading their dreary textbooks. There's a series of closeups of pictures on the pages; but C.G.I. transforms each mundane picture into something Narnia-like.
I haven't thought of that one. I've kind of thought that SC would open with Rilian's backstory in Narnia then it cuts to Eustace and Jill in school

VotDT could have Lucy and Eustace packing and being brought by their parents to their aunt and uncle's house. Or all four packing for their respective locations.
I haven't thought of that one either. I've kind of thought it would also start in Narnia with Caspian and his crew getting ready to set sail. There could even be a shot of the Dawn Treader on the ocean as the opening credits are taking place.

Back