I'm too shy....

Love_Punch

Welll I want to be an actress/singer but I'm too shy to step up and go places to fufill my dream. I want to do it while I'm still young....Do you guys think I should take chances and become what I want to be? I would want my own show on disney....

Awwww I know how you feel!!! I'm the same way. I actually took chorus and drama while I was in highschool. And believe it or not I wasn't really nervous when I got on stage.

I bet I am shyer than you!! (I'm saying that in a nice way) Go ahead! If you want to be an actress/singer, try! Or else while you are still thinking you have a chance and you miss it, and before you know it you have a job at a fast food palce like Burger King! Lol yea go ahead

Never Give Up on Your Dream. If you are scared to do it. Force yourself to! It's the best thing for your character. Seriously....

Ah,I know how it's like...I'm not shy now,but I was before..and my secret dream has always been to become an actress,and I was so sad because I thought I would never become one...but do never give up your dreams! You know,Johnny Depp is shy too and he's like the best actor in the world! (And totally hot as Jack Sparrow :D) So don't give up your dreams,try to make them come true!

Actually alot of actors are shy!!!! Believe it or not. There actually is on quote that I really like because it gives me hope. Hold on let me go find it for ya ;).

SweetieGirl said:
Well how do you get a contract with Disney?I love DisneyChannel and would love to have my own show on there!
I don't know. Well my grandpa told me that I should join a local theatre. Because thats how most actors got their start. So maybe you should check out local theatres. How old are you BTW?

AllAmericanGirl said:
I don't know. Well my grandpa told me that I should join a local theatre. Because thats how most actors got their start. So maybe you should check out local theatres. How old are you BTW?
I'm 11 and half right now

Do you know any, producers or anything who could help you? Thats how I keep getting all of my auditions, I know a producer and 2 other actors. ;)

ElectricJello said:
Do you know any, producers or anything who could help you? Thats how I keep getting all of my auditions, I know a producer and 2 other actors. ;)
You're so lucky! I don't know anyone either and I really want a story I'm writing to become a movie,AND I also want to become an actress! Ohh life is really hard..

SweetieGirl said:
I'm 11 and half right now
Oh well your lucky your still young. See I'm 19 and still kind of shy. I've been wanting to be an actress since I was around your age. My dad says I should be realistic whenever I tell him I want to be an actress :rolleyes:. But that just makes me want to try even harder and achieve my goals. But I have to go to college first so I can have something to fall back on incase it doesn't work out for me.

I don't know where you live, Sweetie Girl, but where I live about once or twice a year Disney reps come to Washington DC, which is about 30-45 minutes from where I live, and they send out promos like commercials on the radio and stuff saying kids between the age of 9 and 16 who are interested in singing, acting, dancing, etc. are wanted for Disney channel, and to call a certain number to secure an audition.

That's one way to do it, but of course if you don't live somewhere where they do it, then it wouldn't work. Plus, I think these casting auditions are for smaller parts like guest roles. But that's the way to start, I believe. Get out there and show them what you've got, and some day maybe you'll actually get your own show.

Just remember you can do anything if you try, but don't have extremely high expectations. One of the things actors go through the most is rejection for roles and stuff.

So do what Lauren said :) get involved with theatre in your community, and once you are old enough to have a school theatre program (high school, most likely, and possibly middle school, not sure) be active in that! If you are serious about it, practice as much as you can get, look in local newspapers for actor workshops, drama classes, stuff like that.

But don't give up! Take the next step toward your goal, whether that's just getting involved, contacting an agent, or whatever.

thats not who you are, im shy too but not too much anymore something was in my way and i pushed it away because i am not a shy person, i have shame of course lol, but im not shy... no1 is shy they have to let themsleves go thats all...

i cant explain it...

Lucy_QueenofNarnia said:
I don't know where you live, Sweetie Girl, but where I live about once or twice a year Disney reps come to Washington DC, which is about 30-45 minutes from where I live, and they send out promos like commercials on the radio and stuff saying kids between the age of 9 and 16 who are interested in singing, acting, dancing, etc. are wanted for Disney channel, and to call a certain number to secure an audition.

That's one way to do it, but of course if you don't live somewhere where they do it, then it wouldn't work. Plus, I think these casting auditions are for smaller parts like guest roles. But that's the way to start, I believe. Get out there and show them what you've got, and some day maybe you'll actually get your own show.

Just remember you can do anything if you try, but don't have extremely high expectations. One of the things actors go through the most is rejection for roles and stuff.

So do what Lauren said :) get involved with theatre in your community, and once you are old enough to have a school theatre program (high school, most likely, and possibly middle school, not sure) be active in that! If you are serious about it, practice as much as you can get, look in local newspapers for actor workshops, drama classes, stuff like that.

But don't give up! Take the next step toward your goal, whether that's just getting involved, contacting an agent, or whatever.
You're lucky you hear that stuff because I live in California and where a place
that's not very famous but I could go down to LA and see if something happens there.

Back