Is any one here African?

I feel like I've been to Africa. My heart's desire is to retire in the bush in either Northeastern South Africa or Botswana or Tanzania. I've got hundreds of books on Africa and its wildlife, culture, politics, etc.

I've lived in africa for seven years
and I went to South Africa last year it was glorious. I saw the tigers, lion white rhino, and elephats in their natural environs.
Has any one been their on holiday?

I wish I could go to Morroco, Ethiopia, and Egypt!!!

But I dont have that type of money, mabey I could find some type of missionary trip or forieghn exchange student, thing.

and I went to South Africa last year it was glorious. I saw the tigers, lion white rhino, and elephats in their natural environs.

Tigers are not native to South Africa or any part of Africa for that matter. They are a part of a new program designed to increase the population of tigers around the world as they are rapidly becoming extinct in their native India, Burma and other places. So South Africa volunteer to try a wild breeding program with them in several of their National Parks to see if the tigers could adapt to the area. Only time will tell. I hope it works.

North Africa seems so interesting and South is really cool.I would want to see some of the Sahara and maybe the pyramids!I also like the tribe culture of the west!Many people don't know french is spoken in many countries in Africa!

I did. My ancestors were African so I have some African blood :p. Maybe when I shall go in a year or so for holiday.

Last edited:
My desire is to visit or retire in East or South African region. I have felt drawn to places like Kenya and Tanzania in East Africa where the Serengetti plains in the shadow of Mount Kilimanjaro. I also would love to live in or near Kruger National Park in Northeastern South Africa. But I think I would love to live mostly in Botswana, either near the Kalahari Desert or up north near the Okavanga Delta. I want to live and experience the bush country, the wildlife, the last place on earth where animals can still run free and where I could make a difference in the lives of people and animals. Botswana offers all that and more. English is the language there and it is the safest country in all of Africa and one of the wealthiest countries there. It is also one of the few places on earth where my wife could live and not have to depend so much on breathing apparatuses, inhalers, respirators and monitors, etc. So I am praying.

Tigers are not native to South Africa or any part of Africa for that matter. They are a part of a new program designed to increase the population of tigers around the world as they are rapidly becoming extinct in their native India, Burma and other places. So South Africa volunteer to try a wild breeding program with them in several of their National Parks to see if the tigers could adapt to the area. Only time will tell. I hope it works.
Wow! thanks for telling me that.
I always wondered why tigers weren't apart of the BIG FIVE:)

Wow. Are you missing Africa a lot?

Warning: getting excited over the topic and aside :)

I used to think that going to Africa was not for me, although I was interested in its nature and different countries. Some years ago my task was to encourage other students to apply for a three-and-a-half-week missionary journey to Zambia in southern Africa. It hit me that why not apply myself. I was really interested in missionary work and meeting other Christian young people from different countries. I also like English a lot, which is the official language there.

After four training weekends I found myself in Zambia´s capital Lusaka and visiting villages near by with some other young people and our missionary host. We got to know some local young people in the church and invited other people to the church meetings with them. We sang a lot together and told the good news in different places in our way. We visited Mother Theresa´s health center and ended up singing together with many patients. We were surely much more encouraged by them than they by us. We studied the Bible together in a Christian youth camp and discussed the different challenges in our home countries. In Zambia many children are orphans and in need of support from the local church. "We want you to know that we have been and are constantly praying for your church", the young Christians said. To know that someone is praying for you and maybe in the different side of the world is always a huge thing. I guess it is true here in TDL, as well...

I´m sorry, I´m getting way too excited over my memories. I fell in love with Africa. African people have usually a positive attitude toward life and God also in hard times, maybe a lot more than many of us Europeans do, I admit. To my surprise we had also a chance to visit Livingstone in our day off at cost. In the winter time Victoria Falls are a breath-taking scenery, if anyone ever goes there. (now I would like to see other wonderful falls in the world, too, silly me...probably I won´t :)).

We bumped into the four of the big five in reality, but not lions (except in a cage). Lions are not tame animals :) Well, I didn´t think the other four to be that either. We stayed in a car most of the safari, and I volunteered to watch the car when others wanted to get close-up pics of two rhinos with a guide... Everyone is still safe and sound.

Have angels watching over your steps now, wherever you are :)

Back