It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

shortangel

Decorating TDL part 3

it's been a while since i've done this so here i go :) brings a big huge nativity scene & puts it on TDL's floor with a beautiful red cloth, then brings in a fresh pine Christmas tree and puts it into a Christmas tree stand and waters it, then brings in a big box of Christmas decorations and decorates the whole tree with all kinds of orataments, angels, nativity scenes, snowmen, Santa, candy canes, decorates the rest of the tree with sparkleing lights that twinkle and blink on & off, then gets a big LED angel & puts it on the top of the tree the kind that changes colors :)

Man, shortangel, sure appreciate the decor, but isn't it a bit premature? It's still Advent, in fact, the First Week! What you want is a nice Advent wreath, with one candle burning!

advent_1st.jpg

beings in the most beautiful Advent wreath with holly and bells

brings in the most beautiful Advent wreath with holly & bells on it puts it on TDL's living room table puts a red candle in the center & lights it :)

thank you rainshine for the music, brings in more decorations

thank you rainshine for the Christmas music :) brings the most fresh smelling cinnamon pinecones and puts them all around TDL :)

Merry Christmas! Post pix of advent and Christmas decorations here...

-----------------------------
To kick us off here is a tree from one of my friends (the doggerel is my own):

O Christmas tomes, O Christmas tomes,
Your leaves are e'er insightful!
Your leaves are e'er insightful!

You turn my darkest hour to dawn;
You grant me power to carry on.
For you I'm ever thankful!

Attachments

• O Christmas tomes.jpg
    O Christmas tomes.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 169
That Christmas book-tree is so cool! :D

I'm afraid we don't put too many decorations up here... certainly won't be decorated for another week or so!

I love that Christmas book tree! And I loved your poem, Linda. Nice! I havent put up our decorations and lights yet, but I will post some photos when I do. I love Christmas decorating. :)

That tree is just too cool :eek: i love it so much!!

I'm finding pinterest a bit too addictive this Christmas... :rolleyes:
I found out the delights of ombre pine cones!! had great fun painting them :p

Attachments

• IMG_2419-001.JPG
    IMG_2419-001.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 121
Those pine cones are cool!

OK, here are some of my Christmas ornaments. We put the tree up last night. Some other decorations we had up the night before ... I will post some photos of those later ... My husband and I are both scuba diving instructors, so we have a lot of underwater ornaments ...

Attachments

• blue seahorse.jpg
    blue seahorse.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 126
  • green glass seahorse.jpg
    green glass seahorse.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 120
  • mermaid on a bubble.jpg
    mermaid on a bubble.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 186
  • mermaid with harp.jpg
    mermaid with harp.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Tink.jpg
    Tink.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 108
Thank you! I also have a carousel seahorse, but I don't have a photo of it on this computer ... let me see what else I have ... a manatee, a cowgirl mermaid, and my ice faerie. She is beautiful, holding a snowflake that you set against a light, and it shines, very pretty. My mum gave it to me, long time ago. :)

Attachments

• manatee.jpg
    manatee.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 154
  • TX Mermaid.jpg
    TX Mermaid.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 114
  • ice faerie.jpg
    ice faerie.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 120
  • ice faerie2.jpg
    ice faerie2.jpg