Jurassic Park / World

Specter

Meeting the World
Staff member
Knight of the Noble Order
Royal Guard
Anyone else a fan of the Jurassic Park / Jurassic World universe?

When I was a kid, I loved dinosaurs. A couple of my favorite cartoons were Dino-Riders and Dinosaucers (which didn't have them become normal dinosaurs nearly enough).

Dino-Riders:
Dino Riders Dinosaur GIF

Dinosaucers:
Picture Day Camera GIF by Jason Clarke
Children Handshake GIF by Jason Clarke
80S Chrome GIF by Jason Clarke

So when Jurassic Park came along, I was very excited and I wasn't let down. It's still just as good today as I was when I first saw it when I was 12. The Lost World was pretty fun, too, though not as good. Jurassic Park 3 was just okay... not my favorite, but had dinosaurs. Then Jurassic World was pretty much Jurassic Park, but with a fully realized park. It was everything I was hoping to see in the very first movie, and I loved it. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom was... well, kindof like a mix of The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3 in my mind. That said, Jurassic World: Dominion seems like it's shaping up to be a wrap-up to the entire six-film Jurassic Saga, in the same way that The Rise of Skywalker was the wrap-up to the nine-film Skywalker Saga. I'm really pumped to see how it all gets wrapped up, but also holding out hope that it leaves the door open for continuing adventures, like Star Wars has always done. The adventures we make up in our own minds, as well as the adventures that filmmakers create down the road.

world entrance GIF

A more recent development has been a show on Netflix, Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous. I have really been enjoying it. They just released the third season of the show, and it's been very good so far. The cast is a good mix of kids, and even though they seem to very narrowly escape situations that I believe no human being ever should be able to, I think it's fun. I have a few favorite members of the cast that I didn't really care for at first. It's a cartoon that I know I would have LOVED when I was a kid. It's also fairly scary at times, but that's to be expected.

say whaaaaat chris pratt GIF

Anyone else a fan of the Jurassic universe?

I am a major JP/JW fan. I am looking forward to JW Dominion (2022), especislly the return of Dr. Alan Grant (Sam Neil), and Dr. Ellie Sadler (Laura Dern).

That is awesome. Me too. I am really looking forward to seeing how this trilogy wraps up.

I am guessing that, like the other movies, it will leave things open for more movies, too.

What I find a beautiful full circle, is Alan and Ellie survived the Park (Isla Nublar), and its truama, and now the world is ths park. All along they were being prepared as forerunners for a new world, Jurassic World.

Last edited:
Considering that the events in the story are unfolding close to where I live, I am very interested in what will happen in the third movie. The scene near the end of the second movie, with the dinosaur and the lion having a roaring contest could literally take place in my yard!

As a boy, well into my teens, I was literally, physically a midget. So it was not strange that I was fascinated with dinosaurs, who WEREN'T midgets. Although none of the drawings now survive, I drew my own comic strips whose characters were prehistoric reptiles. These included adventures of a trio of friends: Tom, who was a triceratops, Cindy, who was a cynognathus, and Jose, who was a pterodactyl.

Aww CF it's too bad those comics didn't survive! They sound awesome!

I loved Jurassic Park when it came out in cinemas back whenever it was, 100 years ago. I feel like it was the first movie I saw that had surround sound or Dolby or whatever it was -- the sounds seemed to be coming from all around you, just as if you were in the Park with the players. It was fabulous! And of course the incomparable Jeff Goldblum, wonderful.

Also the book was amazing. Suspenseful like the move ... A+

I distinctly remember that I depicted Jose the pterodactyl wearing a flat-brimmed Zorro/flamenco type of hat. He and Cindy also wore neck bandannas. Tom remained au naturel.

Back