lets actually talk about casting!

polly&digory

okay so Prince Caspian-
I am sure that they have someone in mind or are looking for someone new. it would be great to find another new actor for the part. i think alot of the acting in LWW had alot to do with them being so young to acting. (well excluding anna) So that would be a benifit. I have just wondered if they would put someone who is english or get an american actor. I doubt that an american so young could do the accent but hey worth a look if you want the part cast well.
Who do you think would be the best caspian? In Prince Caspian And in Voyage of the Dawn Treader?
or how about Eustace?

I'm already bullying my way into the process of trying to get cast for PC, but there is such a lack of womens roles.

As i've said before Alexander Pettyfer for Caspian!!! As for Eustace i don't know, he will be a virtual unknown as well.

I think it would be great if they chose an American actor(*cough cough* stephen*cough cough*). Around PC, Caspian is what 14 or 16? I think he is 14, so pretty much anyone under 16 could be play as him. But I don't necessarily think that a British accent is needed. I may be wrong...thoughts?

Srob said:
I think it would be great if they chose an American actor(*cough cough* stephen*cough cough*). Around PC, Caspian is what 14 or 16? I think he is 14, so pretty much anyone under 16 could be play as him. But I don't necessarily think that a British accent is needed. I may be wrong...thoughts?

They need someone that speaks Telmarine. I hear there's a shortage of Telmarine actors nowadays though.

I havent really got any idea's of any actors they could use at the moment, but i would like them to be British, if the character is British, it only makes sense that the actor playing that character is British as well.

Basically the Characters are British and i though Caspian was about 16 or 17 about the same age as Peter. As i've said and i'll say it again Alexander Pettyfer for Caspian.

I'll adda link so you can all see what he looks like soon.

Srob said:

I'll be more serious this time, heh. I agree that a British accent isn't necessary, though they may decide to go that direction. Caspian isn't from England, his true origins are unknown...all they have to do is match his appearance (or they may even neglect that, movies don't always stick to appearances from books).

From the Silver Chair:

"Then the King was an old friend of yours!" said Jill.
"I should jolly well think he was," said Scrubb miserably. "About as good a friend as a chap could have. And last time he was only a few years older than me."

So, Caspian was a few years older than Eustace on their voyage on the Dawn Treader. Dawn Treader takes place 3 years (Narnian Time) after Caspian's coronation (which happens during Prince Caspian).

So, I guess depending on what you determine to mean "a few years older"...Caspian was either the same age as Eustace (therefore younger than Lucy) or SLIGHTLY older than Eustace (who's not in Prince Caspian but I'm using him as an age reference) at the time of the book Prince Caspian.

Back