Liberty's Kids

Frodosgurl

Has anyone else watched this awesome cartoon based during the Revolutionary War? Who's Your Favorite characters? Mine are James, Sarah, George Washington, and Marquis De Lafayette (SP)

I love it!

Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CQKj53jFCs
Pic:
%7B57492B79-CBAC-4C0B-9E8C-1D9930187BAF%7DImg100.jpg

The ones who sing the theme are Aaron Carter and Kayla Hinkle
See them here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT0gB7hIwrs

Last edited:
I used to love that show! I loved Henri, the french one? My favorite part was 'Now and Then', where they compared the way we did stuff now to the way they did stuff back then.... I wonder why it got off TV... or is it still on?

I used to watch that show all the time. We even taped them so we could watch them later. :} James was always kinda weird. Sarah would always have to tell him that she could do stuff. He always thought she couldn't cuz' she was a girl. And then there were the times James would be asking some refined lady questions and Sarah would step in because James didn't know what he was doing. Did you guys know there was a computer game based on Libertys' Kids

This thread was the first I've even heard of "Liberty's Kids." It's nice to have our War of Independence rememebred at all; but when I was the PBS logo, I knew why I hadn't heard of it before. I don't watch that network.

I lost my enthusiasm for public broadcasting about 21 years ago, when I came home on leave from Navy bootcamp, and the first thing I watched on TV was a PBS historical documentary. The openly stated, not just hinted-at, message of this program was that national patriotism was not only "outmoded," but INHERENTLY WRONG, and that the only way to "save" the world was to create that standard Marxist cure-all, the "global village," in which one central government would control everyone and everything everywhere.

Given this mindset ruling PBS (along with other things advocated by them which I can't even mention on this forum), I would be RELIEVED to find out that the ONLY political correctness in "Liberty's Kids" was the dogma, rigidly entrenched as a convention for decades now, that boys are stupid while girls are brilliant.

Liberty's Kids is about 98% correct with history. I'm a Revolutionary War freak....I've read a lot about it. Washington has always been my hero (if you get what I mean).

WB54

:eek: I remember that show! I have a computer game based on it... wow, it's been a long time since I've seen it. I used to watch it all the time.

I loved that show!:D I saw the entire season twice (maybe three) times when I finally got bored with it. :p And then the station stopped showing it.:rolleyes:

I like pretty much all of them.^__^

Has anyone else watched this awesome cartoon based during the Revolutionary War? Who's Your Favorite characters? Mine are James, Sarah, George Washington, and Marquis De Lafayette (SP)

I love it!

Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CQKj53jFCs
Pic:
%7B57492B79-CBAC-4C0B-9E8C-1D9930187BAF%7DImg100.jpg

The ones who sing the theme are Aaron Carter and Kayla Hinkle
See them here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT0gB7hIwrs

I usto watch that show all the time when I was younger, can't seem to find it on a station where I live now

Ohh and I like Sarrah, James, and that 1 guy that usto be a slave

It has a special place in my heart, and I own a set on DVDS. It's really in depth on historical events as observed by fictional characters. For instance, one of my favorite episodes is Benedict Arnold, and it's really depth about his treachery.

Yeah, nothing General Arnold did was motivated by anything better than prideful ambition. He wanted to be famous and important. Years ago, in Connecticut, my family and I watched a re-enactment of the battle at whose end Benedict Arnold massacred defenseless American prisoners.

In the supernatural stage play "The Devil and Daniel Webster," Benedict Arnold is depicted as one of the condemned souls in The Bad Place.

Back