Little connections between the book and movie

abbyluvswilliam

I am rereading the LWW.
Here are some tiny little things from the book and the movie that are similar:
LWWBook:"To her suprise it opened quite easily, and two moth balls dropped out."
I don't know if anyone was paying attention, but when Lucy was opening the Wardrobe in the movie two moth balls came out!
I thought that it was funny that they remembered to put something as minor as that in the movie!

You know how at the end of the movie, they are hunting a stag, well in chapter 2 (LWW) Mr. Tumnus tells Lucy about Long Hunting parties after the Milk white Stag who could grant you wishes if you caught him. I never really took the time to think about that! LOL!

Did anyone else notice anything?

Yeah there's stuff like that in the movie, it was funny.

The whole thing about being very silly to shut oneself in a Wardrobe wasn't taken lightly in the movie as well.

It is silly though. One person my parents are friends with, her daughter climbed into a wardrobe and locked herself in.. wait... that was a toybox. That girl died. But my friends'll lock themselves in a wardrobe, and get stuck. It's funny, but if you don't get found and there's no world at the other side..

abbyluvswilliam said:
I am rereading the LWW.
Here are some tiny little things from the book and the movie that are similar:
LWWBook:"To her suprise it opened quite easily, and two moth balls dropped out."
I don't know if anyone was paying attention, but when Lucy was opening the Wardrobe in the movie two moth balls came out!
I thought that it was funny that they remembered to put something as minor as that in the movie!

You know how at the end of the movie, they are hunting a stag, well in chapter 2 (LWW) Mr. Tumnus tells Lucy about Long Hunting parties after the Milk white Stag who could grant you wishes if you caught him. I never really took the time to think about that! LOL!

Did anyone else notice anything?

I Love the mothballs!!! Actually I think they're were 3 mothballs kinda like the 3 scarecrows! lol!

Tweetsie said:
It is silly though. One person my parents are friends with, her daughter climbed into a wardrobe and locked herself in.. wait... that was a toybox. That girl died. But my friends'll lock themselves in a wardrobe, and get stuck. It's funny, but if you don't get found and there's no world at the other side..

Wow that's really sad about the girl... :(

ok, the mothballs, how many ACTUALLY fell out in the movie? I've heard conflicting things...i'v only seen it once and didn't really notice

though I guess, as someone said...they could have just panned away and not shown them all

I noticed the mothballs as well, and the bluebottle in the window as well, although the one in the movie is still alive, although i think it would be a bit pointless moving the camera towards a dead one.

Also, the books that Lucy looks at in Mr Tumnus house, 'Is man a myth' for example is the same.

I think its great that they have included small minor details like this in the movie, its quite refreshing as a lot of directors would just ignore things like that.

Last edited:
dazzascfc said:
Also, the books that Lucy looks at in Mr Tumnus house, 'Is man a myth' for example is the same.
noticed that to, but next to "is man a myth" was another book that is mentioned in the book, but i can't remember what it's called, does anyone know? (i can't check myself, someone borrowed my book) ;)

It was either "Nymph's and Their Ways", "The Life and Letter of Silenus", or "Men, Monks, and Gamekeepers; A Study in Popular Legend"
I just checked my book.:)

Back