Need Help from a Mod...

Princey

I had no clue where to put this but...

Whenever I try to put more than one image in my sig, it says the limit is one picture. But someone on the Willianites Thread said that the limit is FOUR pictures.

I was told to ask a Mod for help......so do any of you know why this is happening? Is it because I've put a lot of text in my sig? :confused: Just wondering.

Thanks for any help,
Princey

(Oh, and I'm sorry if this thread is in the wrong place- feel free to move it)

I had no clue where to put this but...

Whenever I try to put more than one image in my sig, it says the limit is one picture. But someone on the Willianites Thread said that the limit is FOUR pictures.

I was told to ask a Mod for help......so do any of you know why this is happening? Is it because I've put a lot of text in my sig? :confused: Just wondering.

Thanks for any help,
Princey

(Oh, and I'm sorry if this thread is in the wrong place- feel free to move it)

Well you can have 4 small pictures or 1 big picture.

WORD FROM THE BIRD

We've changed from 4.0 to 4.6 on the forum software. That process gave us more flexibility to enforce our existing sig policy.

Totty, your graphics together are too big, and the upper one alone violates our maximum pic size.

Problem is, it used to be necessary for some mod to spot one and go to the trouble to contact the person or take corrective action.

Now if you try to MAKE a sig that's too big or uses several pictures, the board itself will stop you.

This does not automatically check all existing ones, however, which is why you passed the last two speed traps without a ticket, Totty. But don't think you can blaze past the County Mounties forever...you'll be digging out your license and registration soon enough. :D

Just so you know, my graphic is the maximum size, 550w x 250h. That is the maximum AREA of a sig. So three pix that are 200w x 250h would add up to a total of 600w x 250h. Nope.

We do not do this to tick off users. We do this to honor the overwhelming majority of people who say large graphics both distract from the message and dramatically increase the length of time it takes to download and display threads, especially if they have dialup.

Would I be happy just to resize it for you? Well yeppers, sure as shootin, pardner. Problem is, we have thousands of users and they all store their graphics in little photobucket accounts here and websites there, all of which have different URLs, usernames and passwords. We can't just hop in and resize it for you because we can't store the results. Therefore we rely on you to either follow the rules or get a graphic of our own choosing, a deliberately ugly and humiliating "MAXIMUM SIG SIZE EXCEEDED" one that is stored where we can get to it.

ES

Last edited:
We do not do this to tick off users. We do this to honor the overwhelming majority of people who say large graphics both distract from the message and dramatically increase the length of time it takes to download and display threads, especially if they have dialup.
Can't people just disable the signatures on their computer?

Back