New to Narnia and PC

TolkienGoddess

Hey! I'm a newbie! I have been reading your site for a few days now, and am excited to be a part of it! I read the LWW in 4th grade, and liked it. I always wanted the books, but never got them. Two xmas's ago, I finally got the books from my boyfriends parents. My boyfriend and I saw the new LWW, and it got me much more interested in Narnia. We went to Kansas for a week over xmas, and I started reading. 1st the MN, then LWW, then HHB and now I'm in the middle of PC. I can't quit thinking about the books! I want to finish them all! I also got another book "A guide to LWW" this xmas, and will read that after I finish the LB. As you can tell from my name I LOVE TOLKIEN! I have read every book having to do with Middle Earth (The Silmarillion is still my favorite!), and I actually collect LOTR memorabilia. I have over $7,000 worth of Tolkien/LOTR collectibles in my collection! It's my passion! My dad and I formed a bond throughout the 3 years they were coming out, and I'm absolutely obsessed with LOTR! Anyway, I know Lewis and Tolkien were best buddies, so I knew I would like the CofN. I like Tolkien's writing style a bit better, and the movies were better b/c they were PG13, but over all I'm enjoying my experince with Narnia. I am also a HUGE fan of Mythology (Greek, Roman, European), so these stories make me think of the tales I adore!

I know this is the PC forum, so I'll say something about the book, since I'm in the middle of it now. I'm still a bit confused about how the Telmarines came to be, and I'm a bit lost on when (in Narnia time) this is. I know it's a year after the 4 returned to England thru the wardrobe, but in Narnia time its obviously been longer. I do think its a bit odd that they just got pulled into Narnia, instead of going thru a door or something. I'm sure it will all be explained in the end....
:confused:

Last edited:
Welcome! By the time you finish PC, you will know where the Telmarines came from. It's interesting you should remark on the extradinary way the kids were pulled into Narnia. That was the concept Lewis liked best about this book! He wanted to call it "Drawn Into Narnia" because he liked the idea that they simply could not resist the summons.

As a believer in Christ, he intended the parallel to be that when Christ makes Himself real to us, we are drawn into His world -- we cannot resist Him! And then, just like the kids instantly transported from a depressing train waiting room to a new and exciting Narnian adventure, our world changes in a moment when we are drawn into life in Christ: before we had a drab world of everyday business and living, but now we are engaged in a good vs evil struggle for the future of mankind. We are drawn into Narnia!

bet you wish you had never posted now ... :eek:

Many Thanks

Thank you!

I see...I just thought it seemed strange, since Digory and Polly had the hole/pond, and the Pevensies had the wardrobe. I appreciate your input! :D

Back