Photography anyone?

Do you like to do Photography?

• Yes

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Im not into taking pictures that much...

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

Tsukiko

Do u like Photography?? I do!! i got my own camera and it is really kool. And now I am the official Photographer of my family!!!

I love taking pictures!!!! that is like...how i express myself!!!! besides painting!!!! whenever i feel i inspired...i grab a camera!!!! :D

I'm very much into photography and I want to open my own photo studio. :D I'm taking a friend's child's portrait a week from monday, They'll be just as good as professionals but lots cheaper! :) I'd post some of my pics on the net but i'm a bit hesitant as I don't want anyone takin' them n' using them w/o permission. My avatar is a pic i've taken. Blackboard I believe was the mode I used on my camera.

I use digital camera, an Olympus UZ(that's Ultra Zoom) 740. It takes Xp camera cards, and has a total zoom of 30X. 10x optical and 20x digital(i THINK, I could be mistaken about which is optical n' digital). It gets in reaaaaalllly close to subjects that would normally be specks or indistinguishable. It has a portrait,action,landscape,night,self-portrait,portrait and scenery(combined) modes plus a Macro and Super macro features. It has color, black and white, Sepia tone(antiqued) Black board and White board functions. It also features and anti-shake and AF lock(keeps the subject from blurring!) and I got it for about 130 dollars or so. I like digital way more than film photography because 1.Many many more shooting modes compacted into one camera. W/ film you'd have to mess around w developing n' chemicals n' such. 2.Less expensive. While cameras and memory cards can seem expensive, they are a one time cost, and not disposed of(unless damaged beyond repair). If you think about it, film costs so much per roll, and you generally get 26 shots per roll. THEN you have to pay to have it developed. I've noticed here it's about 7 or 8 dollars to develop a roll of film. Prints from digital cameras are 20 cents each. \I use several 256MB(that's mega-byte) memory cards on my camera and they will 426 pics on a very high resolution(meaning the quality and detail of the photo is bigger w/ higher resolution). Memory cards can have all the pics erased off them(i don't recommend doing that unless you transfer them to computer or CD first) and the same number of pics taken. This can be done over and over at no cost. Digital is much cheaper than film. 3. Digital photo editing is getting very advanced, so you can make your photos look REALLY snazzy w/ a Paint Shop Pro or Adobe Photoshop or some other photo editing software. :)

I do a wide variety of subjects, including but not limited to Landscape, people(portraits)action shots like sports n' moving things, Plants, still life, animals, and especially horses. :D I also do buildings n' anything that catches my eye.

EDIT:I forgot to put that I took pics for my local rec center's easter event, the lady in charge like 'em so much I shall be takin' pics for their other events. The most recent I missed due to a cold may the 6th. It was a volunteer job but I got a free rec pass!! and Also you can view what you've taken right after you take it if the digital camera has an LCD screen(screen on the back of the camera below the view finder-I.E. below the lil hole you stick your eye in when shootin')

Last edited:
Gondor Knight of Narnia said:
I'm very much into photography and I want to open my own photo studio. :D I'm taking a friend's child's portrait a week from monday, They'll be just as good as professionals but lots cheaper! :) I'd post some of my pics on the net but i'm a bit hesitant as I don't want anyone takin' them n' using them w/o permission. My avatar is a pic i've taken. Blackboard I believe was the mode I used on my camera.

I use digital camera, an Olympus UZ(that's Ultra Zoom) 740. It takes Xp camera cards, and has a total zoom of 30X. 10x optical and 20x digital(i THINK, I could be mistaken about which is optical n' digital). It gets in reaaaaalllly close to subjects that would normally be specks or indistinguishable. It has a portrait,action,landscape,night,self-portrait,portrait and scenery(combined) modes plus a Macro and Super macro features. It has color, black and white, Sepia tone(antiqued) Black board and White board functions. It also features and anti-shake and AF lock(keeps the subject from blurring!) and I got it for about 130 dollars or so. I like digital way more than film photography because 1.Many many more shooting modes compacted into one camera. W/ film you'd have to mess around w developing n' chemicals n' such. 2.Less expensive. While cameras and memory cards can seem expensive, they are a one time cost, and not disposed of(unless damaged beyond repair). If you think about it, film costs so much per roll, and you generally get 26 shots per roll. THEN you have to pay to have it developed. I've noticed here it's about 7 or 8 dollars to develop a roll of film. Prints from digital cameras are 20 cents each. \I use several 256MB(that's mega-byte) memory cards on my camera and they will 426 pics on a very high resolution(meaning the quality and detail of the photo is bigger w/ higher resolution). Memory cards can have all the pics erased off them(i don't recommend doing that unless you transfer them to computer or CD first) and the same number of pics taken. This can be done over and over at no cost. Digital is much cheaper than film. 3. Digital photo editing is getting very advanced, so you can make your photos look REALLY snazzy w/ a Paint Shop Pro or Adobe Photoshop or some other photo editing software. :)

I do a wide variety of subjects, including but not limited to Landscape, people(portraits)action shots like sports n' moving things, Plants, still life, animals, and especially horses. :D I also do buildings n' anything that catches my eye.

EDIT:I forgot to put that I took pics for my local rec center's easter event, the lady in charge like 'em so much I shall be takin' pics for their other events. The most recent I missed due to a cold may the 6th. It was a volunteer job but I got a free rec pass!! and Also you can view what you've taken right after you take it if the digital camera has an LCD screen(screen on the back of the camera below the view finder-I.E. below the lil hole you stick your eye in when shootin')

I don't have that much to say on the matter but, yeah, I kinda like photography.

lol yeah thats alot to say..my Dad gave me his old camera. it is a professional camera. And now I use that and my other camera whenever I take pictures.

Regular photography but also macrophotography. Yep, I like to get SMALL.

Also I am an existing light freak. I almost never use a flash at NIGHT. I tend to use it during the day as a fill.

Used to have all sort of exotic equipment for film use. When digital became serious, I went seriously digital and no longer do film at all. Shortening turnaround and not having to pay for wasted exposures encourages me to bracket and experiment. Digital is remarkably liberating in that way.

Photoshopping? Yeah man. I always color correct or use gamma correction or contrast. That means taking images at the best possible resolution and color depth to get the most mileage out of computer tools.

John B.

I'm my cousins official Skatebording photograher. I could put some of them up here...I use digital, but if I could, I'd learn how to. I love photography.

Gondor Knight of Narnia said:
I'm very much into photography and I want to open my own photo studio. I'm taking a friend's child's portrait a week from monday, They'll be just as good as professionals but lots cheaper! I'd post some of my pics on the net but i'm a bit hesitant as I don't want anyone takin' them n' using them w/o permission. My avatar is a pic i've taken. Blackboard I believe was the mode I used on my camera.

I use digital camera, an Olympus UZ(that's Ultra Zoom) 740. It takes Xp camera cards, and has a total zoom of 30X. 10x optical and 20x digital(i THINK, I could be mistaken about which is optical n' digital). It gets in reaaaaalllly close to subjects that would normally be specks or indistinguishable. It has a portrait,action,landscape,night,self-portrait,portrait and scenery(combined) modes plus a Macro and Super macro features. It has color, black and white, Sepia tone(antiqued) Black board and White board functions. It also features and anti-shake and AF lock(keeps the subject from blurring!) and I got it for about 130 dollars or so. I like digital way more than film photography because 1.Many many more shooting modes compacted into one camera. W/ film you'd have to mess around w developing n' chemicals n' such. 2.Less expensive. While cameras and memory cards can seem expensive, they are a one time cost, and not disposed of(unless damaged beyond repair). If you think about it, film costs so much per roll, and you generally get 26 shots per roll. THEN you have to pay to have it developed. I've noticed here it's about 7 or 8 dollars to develop a roll of film. Prints from digital cameras are 20 cents each. \I use several 256MB(that's mega-byte) memory cards on my camera and they will 426 pics on a very high resolution(meaning the quality and detail of the photo is bigger w/ higher resolution). Memory cards can have all the pics erased off them(i don't recommend doing that unless you transfer them to computer or CD first) and the same number of pics taken. This can be done over and over at no cost. Digital is much cheaper than film. 3. Digital photo editing is getting very advanced, so you can make your photos look REALLY snazzy w/ a Paint Shop Pro or Adobe Photoshop or some other photo editing software.

I do a wide variety of subjects, including but not limited to Landscape, people(portraits)action shots like sports n' moving things, Plants, still life, animals, and especially horses. I also do buildings n' anything that catches my eye.

:mad: *is envious*

:p

Unfortunately daddy wouldn't even consider anything that wasn't a Nikon...so we were only able to get a 3X optical zoom within our price range. Still, it's fun! :D

fish_wwjd_frog said:
I'm not really sure if I do or not. ;) Thedryadhobbit, Machiathemarshwiggle, gondoriannanrniangirl, what do you think? Am I a photographer?

Ha.... ha... ha.... let's think... or maybe I should just look at the tons of pictures you took..... :D

Yeah, I also like taking pictures....

Yeah, I got a digital for x-mas, so I take TONS of pictures. I took some cute, and some...uhh..SCARY ones of my friends younger siblings...

Back