Pretty Odd

Starkissed

Okay so I bought the new Panic! at the Disco CD the day it came out, listened to it a few times and put it in my CD case for it to collect dust. I mean, don't get me wrong. I absolutely love the old Panic material. Is anyone a fan of the new CD??

I was just curious of what everyone's thoughts were on the new album....

I am.

That's coz I love the beatles though, and this was so beatles, I could almost huggle it to death. I understand why a LOT of old fans are not chill with this album though. It takes someone with a specific taste in both 60s-ish and indie punk pop etc. (panic's old style) and I don't know how many people exist with that kind of musical taste. :rolleyes:

LOL! My good friend was in the car with me the other day and he came across it. He also said that it reminds him of the Beatles. I like the Beatles but only a select few songs.

Don't get me wrong here. I don't completely hate it. There are a few songs that I am quite fond of ("Nine in the Afternoon" and "She had the world" to name a couple). I'm just not feeling it completely. There is not one song off of A Fever You Can't Sweat Out that I don't like.

I'm not a PATD fan, but the only song I like from Pretty Odd is 'That Green Gentleman From Sweden', is it?? 'Nine in the Afternoon' is alright I suppose =/ I think overall Panic are a pretty average band, from what I've heard of them so far. *runs away from angry fans* But don't kill me! I'm not saying I'm a hater or anything; I do respect that you guys like them.

I'm not a PATD fan, but the only song I like from Pretty Odd is 'That Green Gentleman From Sweden', is it?? 'Nine in the Afternoon' is alright I suppose =/ I think overall Panic are a pretty average band, from what I've heard of them so far. *runs away from angry fans* But don't kill me! I'm not saying I'm a hater or anything; I do respect that you guys like them.

I would have to agree that they're average right now in FAME. But what they're doing is not an average path generally. Bands tend to "return to their roots" later on in their careers and these kids were back to listening to beatles, queen etc. very soon after their first album came out. So, their music is currently average, but I have a feeling they have potential to be better than average.

I personally love "Northern Downpour" and "Behind The Sea" as songs.. They're my favourites.

I think "Folkin' Around" was a mistake to be honest. I appreciate Brendon's efforts, but he's no Ryan at lyrics. :eek:

And "When The Day Met The Night" is a reallllly sweet ballad that I probably love third next to the first two I listed.

As for "Nine in the Afternoon" and "That Green Gentleman (Things Have Changed)" They're typical ballads with a couple of big band lyrics/styles mixed in. i.e. "Things have changed for me, and that's okay, I feel the same, I'm on my way..."

"We're So Starving" is the typical-of-panic song. They tend to adress their audiences whether through performances or cds. And this is their way of saying "HI FANS!" basically.

Truth is, if you listen to these couple songs in succession, you will see a LOT of varied style, despite the beatles-ish air.
Nine In The Afternoon
She's A Handsome Woman
Northern Downpour
Behind The Sea
Folkin' Around
She Had The World

And if you're looking for IMPROVEMENT they have. Ryan's lyrics are less confusing and Brendon quit straining his vocal cords with those occasional high notes in "Fever"

That's my detailed review. Those of you who have the cd, give it a couple more listens in detail and it might not be your peice of pie, but maybe you'll catch some things you didn't see before. :)

I would have to agree that they're average right now in FAME. But what they're doing is not an average path generally. Bands tend to "return to their roots" later on in their careers and these kids were back to listening to beatles, queen etc. very soon after their first album came out. So, their music is currently average, but I have a feeling they have potential to be better than average.

I personally love "Northern Downpour" and "Behind The Sea" as songs.. They're my favourites.

I think "Folkin' Around" was a mistake to be honest. I appreciate Brendon's efforts, but he's no Ryan at lyrics. :eek:

And "When The Day Met The Night" is a reallllly sweet ballad that I probably love third next to the first two I listed.

As for "Nine in the Afternoon" and "That Green Gentleman (Things Have Changed)" They're typical ballads with a couple of big band lyrics/styles mixed in. i.e. "Things have changed for me, and that's okay, I feel the same, I'm on my way..."

"We're So Starving" is the typical-of-panic song. They tend to adress their audiences whether through performances or cds. And this is their way of saying "HI FANS!" basically.

Truth is, if you listen to these couple songs in succession, you will see a LOT of varied style, despite the beatles-ish air.
Nine In The Afternoon
She's A Handsome Woman
Northern Downpour
Behind The Sea
Folkin' Around
She Had The World

And if you're looking for IMPROVEMENT they have. Ryan's lyrics are less confusing and Brendon quit straining his vocal cords with those occasional high notes in "Fever"

That's my detailed review. Those of you who have the cd, give it a couple more listens in detail and it might not be your peice of pie, but maybe you'll catch some things you didn't see before. :)

I have been listening to it a little bit more lately. Each time I listen to it, it grows on me a bit more.....who knows? Maybe one day I might like it more than Fever...

Panic is my BFF's fave band but they've always annoyed me. BUT!!

I listened "A Fever You Cant Sweat Out" last week and I cant stop listening to it! :eek: So I guess Im a Panic fan now, to my BFF's delight :rolleyes:

As far as Pretty.Odd. goes..I dont care for it, then I dont like the Beatles at all, so...

but since it took me a few years to like "Fever" it'll probobly take me that long to grow on Pretty.odd. :eek::D

Back