Quote of the Day - Revived

So back a few years ago, we had a thread here called "Quote of the Day" - it's gone now, so I'm reviving it. :) Post a quote! - From a novel, film, play, musical, telly show, from someone famous, or from someone you know! It's quite fun.

"Something has changed within me; something is not the same. I'm through with playing by the rules of someone else's game. Too late for second guessing - too late to go back to sleep; it's time to trust my instincts, close my eyes, and leap. It's time to try defying gravity, I think I'll try defying gravity and you can't pull me down." - "Defying Gravity" from Wicked

"Aren't you worried? I'm liable to break another slate over your head."

"I'm more worried I might break one over yours...Carrots."

Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe: Anne of Green Gables.

"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst..."
--C.S. Lewis (The Abolition of Man)

“It's when ordinary people rise above the expectations and seize the opportunity that milestones truly are reached.”
-Mike Huckabee

-------------------

Carlton Lassiter: I thought I told you no.
Shawn Spencer: But your eyes said yes.
- psych

"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst..."
--C.S. Lewis (The Abolition of Man)
^That's one of my favorite quotes! :D

All men are by nature equal, made all of the same earth by one Workman; and however we deceive ourselves, as dear unto God is the poor peasant as the mighty prince.
-Plato

Last edited:
"He's not my idea of a romantic suitor."

"You have tricked something out of that imagination of yours that you call romance."

Anne Shirley and Marilla cuthbert, Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel.

'Blue light is True light
Conquering even the blackness of night
Tum-te-tum tum-te-tum Tum-te-tum-tee
Da-dee-da Da-dee-da Da-dee-da-dee

Blue light is True light
Lighting my footsteps from up on the wall
Tum-te-tum tum-tum tee-tum-tum tum-tall

Blue light is True light
Lighting my footsteps from up on the wall
Leading me, leading me on onwards to Gaal

-Lisa The Tower of Gebrurah in The Archives of Anthropos

Last edited:
"Yeah, you'll have to do BCG..."
"You mean CPR? o_____o"
"Yeah, that."

-My friend and I xD I cannot BELIEVE she thought it was BCG...she'd be SO good in a first aid situation ("QUICK! DOES ANYONE KNOW BCG?!") :p

So back a few years ago, we had a thread here called "Quote of the Day" - it's gone now, so I'm reviving it. :) Post a quote! - From a novel, film, play, musical, telly show, from someone famous, or from someone you know! It's quite fun.

"Something has changed within me; something is not the same. I'm through with playing by the rules of someone else's game. Too late for second guessing - too late to go back to sleep; it's time to trust my instincts, close my eyes, and leap. It's time to try defying gravity, I think I'll try defying gravity and you can't pull me down." - "Defying Gravity" from Wicked

I love that song

Lives again our glorious King, Alleluia
Where O Death is now thy sting? Alleluia
Dying Once He all doth raise Alleluia
Where's thy vict'ry boasting grave? Alleluia

These two are especially appropriate today:

"Father, forgive them, they know not what they do."

and...

"It is finished. Father, into your hands, I commend my spirit."

--Jesus Christ, around 33AD, the Friday after his last Passover.

Back