• Olvin and Liln

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cor and Aravis

• Caspian and Ramandu's Daughter

• Total voters

jasmine tarkheena

I'm sure a lot of us are getting tired of romantic relationships being forced into Hollywood productions. I think we can all agree on that romance doesn't really belong in Narnia as a whole.

If a series feels there aren't enough, then it would be expanded on that are canon. I can actually see the relationship between Caspian and Ramandu's daughter in VDT be expanded on, and I'd much rather have that than the non-canon Caspian and Susan romance like Walden did.

So any thoughts on what romance could be expanded on?

There are so many holes in things that could easily be expanded on, that romance is rather low on my list right now.

The Caspian and Susan romance in the Walden felt a bit forced. :rolleyes: Then of course, it's quite easy to romance equals ultimate for market profitiblity. It doesn't have to, though.

You might recall in that in The Horse And His Boy-
Aravis also had many quarrels (and, I’m afraid, even fights) with Cor, but they always made it up again: so that years later, when they were grown up, they were so used to quarreling and making up again that they got married so as to go on doing it more conveniently.
Cor and Aravis constantly get into fights, and they make up for it. Then they end up getting married. I guess it would be like the "enemy turned friend turned lovers" story. It's like Anne and Gilbert in the Anne of Green Gables series. Who'd thought that two kids who'd start out as academic rivals would grow up and end up being married to one another? No one would have thought of that with Cor and Aravis.

Then of course, we can only imagine what kind of marriage Caspian and Ramandu's daughter have. I would think she was a devoted wife and mother. I can only imagine that her tragic death caused a great blow to her husband and son.

Last edited:
One of the most harmful fallacies ever invented is "love at first sight." Even Christian romance novelists use it.

Romantic LOVE, as opposed to mere instinctive ATTRACTION, requires some knowledge about the person loved. My two successful marriages (to Mary, who went to Aslan's Country in 2004, and to Janalee, who went there in 2008) both had roots in years of preceding friendship. And it's no coincidence that Carol, the one who ditched me in 2015 literally because she just felt like it, was someone I became attracted to at our very first meeting.

Now, there can be INTEREST at first sight; then, if it leads to genuine love, the partners may retroactively IMAGINE that they "always" loved each other. But they will not have reached their successful relationship without putting in the work of learning how to affirm each other.

Oh yes. And who knows how long Frank and Helen had been married before they became king and queen of Narnia.

There was an interest at first sight with Caspian and Ramandu's daughter. He said that in the world where Edmund, Lucy, and Eustace come from, they have a story of those who fell into a enchanted sleep, and a man cannot dissolve it unless he kissed the princess, a refrence to Sleeping Beauty. Then she says in Narnia it's different. He cannot kiss her until the enchantment has been broken.

I think we can all agree that they should at least keep it within the PG-rating, so that it's family-friendly.

Last edited:
The problem is that all of the relationships take place either before the events of the books (Frank and Helen), in between as in the case of Caspian/RD, or after the events (Cor/Aravis). In this case, the closest thing we could probably get is Caspian/RD in the flashbacks of the owl parliament in TSC. Cor/Aravis are too young to get into romance and Frank/Helen are too established in their marriage to do any kind of romance with them. The best that can be done with them is to show how much in love they already are.

The one good thing about trying to shoehorn romances into this series is that the Pevensies are all siblings, so nothing can be done in LWW. Lucy is the only female and is too young for any kind of romance in VotDT as well as having the only two people her age her brother and cousin. However, I have a feeling if they get far enough, Jill and Eustace would become a romantic couple, likely being played by 12-year-olds in TSC and then teens in TLB.

I know there are people that ship Tirian and Jill, but I actually don't ship them. There's too many of it, and I'm getting tired of it. Though I am kind of worried that an LB movie or series might do that. In the book, there's a moment where Tirian calls Jill "sweetheart", but I think he was doing it in a friendly and brotherly way.

Then of course, a love triangle with Tirian, Eustace and Jill could be shoehorn in LB as well. It has been a popular thing about ten years ago, then of course it may have changed between now and then.

Last edited:
Back