Shawn Johnson

Sir Godfrey

Pelegrin Crucis
Last night I watched one of the most talented Artistic Gymnastics athelete win the Gold on Balance beam. Shawn Johnson has proved during the Bejing Olympic Games that she has what it takes to be one greatest Gymnists in the world. However it is not for this reason alone that I am fan, no.. I am captivated by her personality as well as her talent. She has such kindness and energy about her, that you can't help but be drawn to her and her smile.. oh her smile could make you faint. All of these traits and more make up one of finest Gynmists in America. I am an offical Shawn Johnson fan. :)

I've gotten really into the Olympics. I want to be there rooting for America, even if the athelts can't hear me. Plus it's chance to see some people like Shawn Johnson who have natural talent.. a real gift display there skills.

I rather support the dutch if you don't mind :p After all...I'm dutch :D The olympics don't interest me because of work (I'm too busy) and because of other things. But tell me more about this new lady. You know when you write about someone I'm one of the first to be curious :D

Well Shawn Johnson is 16 years old, he was born in West Des Moines Iowa. Ever since she was child she has had high energy level. She took dancing and other sports but didn't have passion for any of them like Gymnastics. She also has a love for the Balence Beam, in which she got into lot of trouble with instructors who would tell her to wait or to let somone else first have turn. She is little firecracking, a daradevil and finally she found a couch by the name of Liang Chow formely a Chinese Olympic Champion. He began to work with her, helping her learn and prefect her skills. Now at the age of sixteen shawn Johnson has become a household name. she has one many prestigeious championships, but nothing can compare to her victory at the Bejing Olympics. Shawn Johnson's ream has alwasy been to win Gold and it seem at first that she would, but after three silvers it seemed that her dream was beginning to fade. Despite that, Johnson didn't give up she went into her Final event where she tackled the Balence Beam and walked away with high score of 16.255. She then waited paitently as the final three contestants (including gold Medalist Nastia Lukin) did their routines.

When they had finished, the final score would revealed and Shawn Johnson's dream finally came true. she was first place and she took the Gold. Johnson couldn't hold back he smile, and her parents where crying and embracing in the stands. She had worked so hard and at the last event her dream came true. What a way to leave the Bejing Olympic Games. Shawn Johnson is now a Balence Beam World Champion, no doubt you will be seeing her face around for sometime.

Other notes:

Shawn Johnson's mother is Christian and by the way Shawn treats others and countance she carries I believe she too is a Christian. IT is also noted she never practices on Sundays, instead she takes that day off whcih might imply that she goes to Church.

Last edited:
I'm not in gymnastics so prolly won't hear her name that much. If she is christian it is a good sign. But she is still young so let's hope she will keep her mind focused on sports and not on the celebrity problems. The name of her coach does make me think. I must have heard his name before. During the days when Aurelia Dobre and Daniela Silevac were famous I did watch the gymnastics often but that was it.

Gymnastics and Swimming are my favorite events at the Olympic Games. Shawn Johnson has only increased my love for watching gymnastics. :D

I loved swimming but not because of Michael Phelps. I used to like it because Inge de bruin and Pieter van den Hoogenband used to be sooo good. Inge quitted and Pieter unfortunately failed his mission.
My main passion is icehockey of course but that's not a summer olympic sport :D

So you are into Shawn Johnson now? I do see a pattern between all those crushes ;) I must say she does look friendly and cute.

What pattern do you supposably see? I think Shawn Johnson is cute and great athlete. I haven't gotten to full bore crush yet. I've just got the hint of one. :D

Kirsten Dunst, Maria Sharapova and Shawn Johnson are all blondes. They all have the same natural looks and they all smile :D The last two are both sportswomen. I guess the crush will come soon enough Jeff. If you do hear more of her of course!

That's intresting.. I never really thought about it.. that my last two crushs where blond too. I have however had a crush on Angelina Jolie and she is brunette.

I will remain a Shawn Johnson fan no matter what, but my crush I think as you said will depend on if I hear more about her or see her on TV. :)

Shawn Johnson is my absolute favorite! I didn't care that she didn't win the golds I thought she deserved, but her attitude was 100% angel. Unlike Nastia (who I also like but not as much), she smiled after every routine no matter how she did and congratulated everyone. She is good in gymnastics, very pretty, with an attitude to match. GO SHAWN!
She totally deserved that gold in balance beam.

Shawn Johnson is my absolute favorite! I didn't care that she didn't win the golds I thought she deserved, but her attitude was 100% angel. Unlike Nastia (who I also like but not as much), she smiled after every routine no matter how she did and congratulated everyone. She is good in gymnastics, very pretty, with an attitude to match. GO SHAWN!
She totally deserved that gold in balance beam.

I agree with you 100%, Shawn never let anything get her down, she was always smiling, always showing good sportmenship. She is indeed a Angel, a fiesty and energetic Angel ;). I also was moved by how she congratualted everyone, treating everyone with a mutial respect. I must admit I would have loved to see her win the other golds, but the fact that she won the gold during her last event on the Balence Beam after getting three silvers made the victory eall the more spectacular. :)

As for Nastia Luikin I thought she preformed exellently, but I didn't care for her personality.

Last edited:
I heard she had to sleep in the same room with Nastia after she won her gold... pretty tough for her. I actually read somewhere that she said she wouldn't have given up her silvers for anything. Such a talented gymnast in so many different ways...

Shawn's personality is just so captivating, she has such a greatfulness, kindess and energy about her. It's almost inotxicating. You can't help but root for her. I am happy she got the silvers as well as the gold, It's awesome that we got to see such a talented gymnist display her skills during the most prestigious event of her career. She is by far one of most talented and charming female athletes I've ever had the pleasure of watching. :)

It was great watching her even though her scores came out low and she didn't get the gold. The smile she gave at the end of each routine was enough to get her a perfect score. :)

I agree, I think the judges didn't rate her fairly in those two events.
The judges were completely unfair! The Chinese girl who slipped off the balance beam got a higher score than a Russian girl who did an ok routine... I hope Shawn goes back to the Olympics next 4 years and gets better judges...

Back