Something different... music!

dun

There we go; my first topic here at the forum. I hope this is too allowed in this category, there's no forum for self-created music.

I see all those sig's, avatars, and other images here, and yes, i know how to make a good image. But i like more to make music. So, why not make music 'for narnia'?

That's exactly what i'm doing.

I make mostly music in dance/trance style, so, creating a soundtrack is was a very different thing. That's why it maybe sounds like a dance track with classical instruments, lol. Also, the program i use does not really good deal with a variable tempo, which is mostly the case in soundtrack/classic music (i really need to switch to logic now...).

But, okay, i tried it, and while i'm still working on the first track (i'm far from fully happy with it now), i wanted to share it already:
http://www.danieldols.com/the_wardrobe.mp3

It is the part where lucy enters the wardrobe. In the beginning, it's very dark, but then snow starts to fall (harp and bells), and it's very happy. Then comes a part of exploration, and then everything is back good again.

Every idea and comment is appreciated :).

Daniel

Last edited:
Whoa. :eek: You composed this?! I'm listening to it for I-forget-what-th time, it's simply beautiful!!! :eek: I'm VERY impressed. Do you have your own studio? It sounds very professional and relaxing ... If I'm supposed to be critical, I'm sorry, because I LOVE it! :D Outstanding!

Thank you! :) I wasn't expecting that.
Yes, i made it, played everything, edited it, and all the stuff...

I don't have really my own studio (i'm 14, and not a millionare :p). I do everything on my macbook and an old midi keyboard, but hey, you can see, it works really well.

It's some weeks/months ago i made it, so i'm going to search the original file again, and try to finish it. Of course, i'll post the new version too.

So, thanks for the comment, it made me work further on it :).

Daniel

I didn't think so... but it still sounded really pro! Looking forward to the completed version. :D
I'm an insy wincy bit jealous, I've tried composing music, but nothing turned out as good as that. :rolleyes:

That is really amazing! I've taken a year of AP Music Theory class and I don't think I could even make anything like that! If you don't mind my suggesting, I think you should make some sort of theme for Aslan. That would be awesome!

~Sfz

It won't open for me. :(:(

I am very curious to hear it, as I will soon be a music major in college. I play the cello mostly, but I am interested in composition and theory as well.

Hello.

Sorry for the late reply!

Thanks everyone :)! A theme for aslan is maybe a good idea, i'll try if i can make something good the coming week. Of course i'll post it.

Also i'm going to work further on this song.

@SweetWaters: i'll upload it as .wav one these days. Bit big, but i'm sure you can open that file to hear it.

Daniel

First off, that music is phenomenal! :D

But, I was wondering if you've considered making a music video to that scene in the Narnia movies with that music? You could put it on Youtube, I think it would look awesome!

@Eärendil the Mariner; thank you! Yes, adding some film scene's is maybe a good idea. Got the first movie here, so it is not that hard to make something. Good idea, i'll try something! :)

@Protagonist; this is created with FL Studio 5 & Nexus VSTi Plugin with Orchestral XP. But trust me, if you want to create movie-music, you are better off with Logic Studio/Cubase maybe and the East West Quantum Leap instruments (biiiig!), but as i said, i come from the 'electronic music' side, so that's why i'm using that program and plugin, but since i have a mac now, i'm also going to try Logic Pro.

@SweetWaters; i'm sorry, still haven't uploaded the wav, but i promise to do it before Monday!

I still have to start working on an Aslan themen, but trust me, it's coming :).

Back