Thanks TDL!

inkspot

Beloved Disciple
Royal Guard
Emeritus
It's about a year since my wonderful pup Chance passed away. I think one year to the day. I was so sad, and my husband, whose dog it was originally, was just about suicidal. And everyone here who prays was praying for us and encouraging me. Thanks so much. We have a very nice group of people here, and I appreciate you.

My hubby and I now have a new dog, Barney, who is a rescue doggie, and a very nice little fellow. I think maybe God knew Barney needed us, and that Chancey had had a good run (he was 14), so I am OK now with losing him; it was just such a shock, and then my Mike's bad reaction really threw me. So, thanks all for your prayers and encouragement and always being here.

Celebrate my little Chance. I do still miss him. :(

Attachments

• chance avatar.jpg
    chance avatar.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 66
aww he ws so cute! How old was he when he died?

She said he was 14 years old. A long time for a dog for sure. I lost my dog 2 years ago; she was 11, but the circumstances surrounding her put-down were horrible. Won't go into details unless asked, but I know how hard it is to lose a pet when you've had them so long. And workin in the vet clinic, it's hard to be around pet owners when they get really bad news. And when I have to help put the animal down, it's heartbreaking.

Thanks ya'll! AK, nice to see you here!

Yah, our Chance was 14.

He just got sick one Wednesday, and by Saturday he was gone, despite the best help our vet could give ... it was very heart-breaking. But the folks here were so kind to pray for me and encourage me, and now we have our new pup, so things eventually get better, no matter the heart break.

We got a new puppy last July. He is a handful, but he turned 1 May 14 and I love him. He's a lot different than our old one, but I have a feeling that with some time and training, he'll be a lot better.

We got a new puppy last July. He is a handful, but he turned 1 May 14 and I love him. He's a lot different than our old one, but I have a feeling that with some time and training, he'll be a lot better.
Right. When we got our boy from rescue, we got a small terrier like the last one, but with a very different face and colors so he wasn't too much alike. He's got quite a different personality, but he's a lovely little boy. That helps fill the empty space. I'm so glad you have a new puppy too!

Back