The Chronicles of Narnia films timeline

Edmund Pevensie

I was wondering is the Narnia timeline is different in the films than it is in the books since the movies are so far apart, and physical changes in the characters are notable, For example in the timeline left by C.S. Lewis Edmund is supposed to be 10 in the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, and 11 in Prince Caspian, and 12 when he went on the Voyage of Dawn Treader, obviously Skandar Keynes was like 13 when they filmed it and 15/16 when they filmed Prince Caspian, and is now 18 which has made it less believable for the character in the film to be 12, because the physical changes (getting taller, more or less a voice change) are notable when you see him in the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, and look later at him in Prince Caspian and I wouldn't be surprised if we see him more grown up in Dawn Treader, is the timeline the same or is it different? since we can see the characters changing too fast?

When the movie PC came out, they did say it had been over 1000 years since the Kings and Queen had left Narnia, which was consistent with the time line of the books. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if in VODT they say that it's been 3 years since they helped Caspian. That is the time it says in the books.

Did they say only one year had pased in PC? I don't recall right now and don't feel like watching it to find out.

It will be interesting whether they will say how much time has passed for the Pevensies in VotDT. They never specifically stated how old each character was so that may not be a problem.

Do you think they will keep in the line that only a "little girl" can read from the Magician's book to make everyone visible? Lucy was around 11 in VotDT while Georgie is 14 right now and is far from a "little girl".

MrBob

Did they say only one year had pased in PC? I don't recall right now and don't feel like watching it to find out.

It will be interesting whether they will say how much time has passed for the Pevensies in VotDT. They never specifically stated how old each character was so that may not be a problem.

Do you think they will keep in the line that only a "little girl" can read from the Magician's book to make everyone visible? Lucy was around 11 in VotDT while Georgie is 14 right now and is far from a "little girl".

MrBob

I don't think they said that only one year had passed in Prince Caspian, and about the line of that only a "little girl", I think maybe they'll take it out or either just take the "little" part out of "little girl".

As far as the ages of the Pevensies, the movies are not following that too close. Also the ages of other actors are not close either. Case in point being Caspian, who was portrayed by a 26 year old actor instead of a kid as it is in the book.

MrBob

They do say it has been a year since their last travel to narnia in the book and in the movie... well it has been good they haven't said anything about their ages, since there are to different, We'll see how they manage the time in VODT, and then we'll judge :D

as for the little girl I hope they say a "young girl" as well o even they caan say only "girl" since there's no othe girl with them

as for the little girl I hope they say a "young girl" as well o even they caan say only "girl" since there's no othe girl with them

That depends on if they have the MLG with them or not.......

And the timeline in the movies does not follow the timeline in the books because as Lewis says "children grow faster than books" or something along those lines.

Well in the trailer for Prince Caspian they specify that 1 year has passed for the Pevensies so that stands by the timeline but maybe they have switched around the ages of the Pevensies, it also depends if they specify how much time they say has passed between Prince Caspian and Voyage of Dawn Treader, or maybe they'll leave it to us to think that three years have passed (in which would be incorrect because in the timeline it specifies that it's one between Prince Caspian and Voyage of Dawn Treader):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrbeXmWAS-8

in around 0:55 in says that One year has passed for them.

This is the timeline I refer to:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/81/Narnia_Timeline.svg

Last edited:
Everyone is right. One year for the Pevensies, three for Caspian.

And as far as reading from the book of spells, I hope they don't use the MLG for that!! That would really make me hate the Narnia movies forever!!!

Actually it says that in the book. It was one year for the Pevinsies between PC and VODT and three years for Caspian.

Yeah you both are right, I meant to say 1 year for the Pevensies between books, but for the movies sake since the actors have grown so much they could say that it has passed 3 years for the Pevensies and x(more likely like 3-6 years) in Narnia.

Dumb Question: what's a MLG?????

MLG= Mysterious little girl. There is a clip of her and some info. Nobody really knows why she's around on the Dawn Treader though, my mom thinks its because Georgie is older so they're trying to keep a little kid in it.

And I also hope that they don't have the MLG take Lucy's scene and read from the magician's book.

this is certinly an interesting topic but in the book everyone is right where they say 1 year for them and three years for caspian it be intereting to see how they say this in the film if they say it.

Back