The Legend of the Seeker

I am hoping that this is the right place to put this new thread. Anyone watch the "Legend of the Seeker?" My thirteen year old son got us hooked to this show. He is infatuated with Cara, the MordSith turned good. lol...
I bought my son the first season for Christmas, I was surprised they had it out on dvd since the second season started this January. So let me know if you watch the show and like it!

Last edited:
I've watched quite a few of the episodes, and its a pretty great show, interesting as well. Although I'm pretty sure its MordSith...lol, but I'm not too sure, I've never looked it up :D

Yeah, its definitely great. In commercial breaks, my dad and I talk about the theological differences in the series, what they're going with or against, etc. Its makes it rather fun :D

The Legend of the Seeker is my nighttime guilty pleasures! I've been following the episodes and reading the books at the same time.
Zedd is completely different then what I imagined him to be like and at first he really disturbed me, haha! But he grows on you.

I love how the tv show is alot funnier then the books! Did you see the one called "Princess"? Best episode ever!

My favorite character is the MordSith Cara. She kicks booty hardcore! :p

I actually just started watching this show a few weeks ago, thanks to the handy dandy Netflix Instant Viewer! I've heard from everyone that has read the books that the show is drastically different, and not in the best way. BUT, since I haven't yet read the books, I'm really enjoying the show and find some of the issues it raises quite interesting. I REALLY enjoyed the episodes about male Confessors, especially the season 1 finale.

The tv show is completely different from the books. But the producers of the tv show said that it's supposed to be very loosely based on the books..so that being said, I enjoy both. :)

Yeah, Netflix Instant Viewer = best thing ever.

You don't even have to wait for Season 2 to come out on DVD, either, because each episode is added to Netflix just a few days after they air on TV.

The series airs on The CW, right?

Hm, well. Maybe we're not looking at the same stuff! I've found a lot of great movies and TV series on Netflix Instant Viewer that's definitely not XX rated or from the 80s...

And strange, I just looked up Legend of the Seeker on my TV Guide and it airs on The CW for me.

It's on different channels because it was an ABC studios syndicated production. It aired on my local NBC affiliate during Saturday afternoons. ABC probably sacked the series because it must have been doing poorly revenue wise (not making back the budget, or Disney's expected returns), or possibly not enough ratings or affiliates picking it up for a third season. Frankly I stopped watching when the same sex kissing started, as I had better things to do than be offended.

The show could have done without the Dahlia/Cara plotline. It didn't add anything to the story because Cara only went with her because Richard ordered her to and Richard only ordered her to because he was worried about her son (and he knew she was worried too even though she was trying to hide it). They didn't need to be anything more. In the books, Cara is not even like that which makes it all the more annoying.

Back