The Sounds of Christmas

Driad54

What are YOUR favorite Christmas songs out there?

I have to say, I love the "Ode to Joy" and "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" by Perry Como.

Oh and that "Wizards in Winter" 'by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Definitely a tie between "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" and "What Child Is This."
And I also like "I Saw Three Ships" and the tune of "Sleigh Ride".

Last edited:
My favorites include "Carol Of The Bells." "O Come, Immanuel," "Angels We Have Heard On High," and "Do You Hear What I Hear?" I do NOT like "The Christmas Song," because any song which is going to claim such a presumptuous title for itself ought to honor Our Lord, and that song does not.

Last edited:
Carol of the bell
O holy night
All I want for christmas is you
Hark! The herald angels sing
the christmas song
ding dong merrily on high
Christmas at sea(I wrote and sang that one)

I like buying Christmas CD's. A recent one I bought is White Christmas by Martina McBride. Other Christmas CD's I like are by such artists as Amy Grant, First Call, and Celine Dion. Has anyone else recently bought a Christmas CD they want to share.:)

Hmm. Some of my favorites are "I'll be Home for Christmas", "The Christmas Waltz", "The Christmas Song", and "Silver and Gold". And "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" always makes me laugh.:p

I had an album from Toby Keith, with Christmas Jingles. and then I also had an album with all the Christmas music from shows like Rudolph and the Grinch.

O Holy Night is probably my ultimate fave ... when I was a little kid I heard it th first time when Perry Como sang it on his Christmas special on tv, I was probably like 6 years of 8 years old ... I fell in love with it.

But I have lots of ones I like, including "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day," "O Come O Come Immanuel," "Adeste Fidelis" ...

And who likes some of the new ones that contemporary Christian artists have done lately?

Adoration - the Newsboys
How Many Kings ... I forget who does it!
And the one that goes ..
One king held the frankincense
One king held the myrhh
One king held the purest gold
And one King held the hope of the world

Mostly folk and really old hymns--no surprise to anybody who knows me well...

"Jesus, Jesus, Rest Your Head"
"I Wonder as I Wander"
"Star in the East"
"Of the Father's Love Begotten"
"Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence"
"Lo How a Rose e'er Blooming"

here are some of my favorite carols of the season

here are my favorite carols of the season

the little drummer boy

O holy night

carol of the bells

santa claus is coming to town

mary's boy child

the Christmas shoes

still still still

Long ago, I _acted_ as the Little Drummer Boy in several Christmas pageants. It irritates me how all the recent renditions of that song wimp out in the last verse and say, "Ox and LAMB kept time," just to avoid saying a word which merely means a donkey. Lambs were NOT in barns, they were out in the sheepfolds, because sheep flocks were too numerous to crowd into barns.

Being a musician and music major, I of course have many Christmas songs that I love. :p

However, a few of my favorites are, "O Holy Night" (I'm partial to the version Josh Groban sings), "In the Bleak Midwinter", "Faith Noel" (a TSO piece; sort of a cross between "O Come All Ye Faithful" and "The First Noel"), "Ding, Dong! Merrily on High", the entire "Nutcracker" suite.... The list could go on, haha!

Back