Today is the saddest day of...

Prince_Cor

My Chronicles of Narnia readings, for I have finished this (The Last Battle) today...This series is by far the best I have ever read, and I wish CS Lewis would of continues making the books. Also about The Last Battle, I thought the dwarfs as selfish little brats. I also liked how all the kings and queens of Narnia were all together, and Reepicheep, at the end. Today I picked up a book called Sabriel by Gary Nix, and I really hope it can compare to Narnia. Also, when I put The Last Battle back in the box (I have a box set of Narnia books), I almost cried...I wish Narnia (the books) would never end! :( :( :(

Last edited:
Ya, when I first read the Narnia books I really didn't want them to end either... but at least there is a hap hap happy ending!!! :) So cheer up! And Happy Valentine's Day!!! :D

Prince_Cor said:
My Chronicles of Narnia readings, for I have finished this (The Last Battle) today...This series is by far the best I have ever read, and I wish CS Lewis would of continues making the books. Also about The Last Battle, I thought the dwarfs as selfish little brats. I also liked how all the kings and queens of Narnia were all together, and Reepicheep, at the end. Today I picked up a book called Sabriel by Gary Nix, and I really hope it can compare to Narnia. Also, when I put The Last Battle back in the box (I have a box set of Narnia books), I almost cried...I wish Narnia (the books) would never end! :( :( :(
HEY i finished it today too!
and started yesterday like you! lol

DeplorableWord said:
If they weren't believers in Aslan, then, unfortunately, they probably went to hell... :(
Thought so...Also, when *spoilerz* the dwarfs shot the Talking Horses, I couldn't believe what I read. At first I was like "Well, maybe they would say the horses are bad" But then they say "We hate you all." I really wanted to jump in the book and just punch the Head Dwarf right in the face! Too bad I can't...

@Mar: Thats really weird... :p

Prince_Cor said:
Thought so...Also, when *spoilerz* the dwarfs shot the Talking Horses, I couldn't believe what I read. At first I was like "Well, maybe they would say the horses are bad" But then they say "We hate you all." I really wanted to jump in the book and just punch the Head Dwarf right in the face! Too bad I can't...

@Mar: Thats really weird... :p
yes completly WEIRD!

I felt the same way! I only read them all for the first time like a month ago, and when I finished I was pretty sad it was over. But I'm glad C. S. Lewis ended it by telling how greater adventures and stories followed, but no one on Earth will ever read them. It just kinda made me feel like there is more....butttt I just can never read them lol. ;)

I just finished TLB yesterday. I really liked the ending, even though everyone died. It's very hopeful. It's sad that I'm done reading, but we always have the new movies to look forward to!

I just finished TLB last night, I cried throughout the final chapter. Probably *spoilers* from where Narnia started to end all the way through to the last paragraph (which was the most beautiful thing I have ever read). I am glad that they weren't continued, it is up to your imagination for what comes next. The worst anyone can do is to ATTEMPT to write more.. it will never compare.

I read them some months ago. I think it was december from last year. It was a sad book. To reach the final page of it was shocking, especially after reading what happened to the Pevensies. I had to reread the last pages so many times to actually believe what had happened.

I remember that I walked thinking about it and there was a huge sadness inside of me. I wanted to cry but tears never came out. I guess I understood that even though it was a sad ending, there was not a possible better ending. I began to see all the meanings inside of this book and just loved it.

I haven't reread it as the other books, I've been kind of busy lately, but the words are here in my mind and I remember the text perfectly. It became my favourite book of the series, just after LWW. Well, I guess they're on the same level for me.

Giselle

Valkyrie said:
The worst anyone can do is to ATTEMPT to write more.. it will never compare.
True...that would just ruin all the magic.

I cried like crazy when I read it (I don't usually cry at all) but it wasn't because it was really tragic but because it was so happy and beautifully written. He couldn't have ended the novels better.

I agree -- I think the final few pages/paragraphs of TLB are some of the most moving of the entire series, and moreso as I get older and begin to look toward the life to come more than I did as a youngster. I always cry!

Oh, heavens, when I first read TLB and got to the end I thought to myself, "Oh my God, it's over." And it was so heart-rending to know that there were no more adventures in Narnia to discover! But then, when I started thinking about it, the series had to end sometime. And even though the ending seemed terribly sad, there really was no better finale for the series. It all made sense somehow; it was gloriously joyful even though it was heartbreaking at the same time. The Last Battle is indeed a book that calls for serious reflection. It's not the kind of thing you can just waltz through and then forget about. It keeps coming back to haunt you. You can't put it away until you fully understand it. But once you think you've got it figured out, you realize you don't, and you have to read it again. And again. And the cycle repeats, and repeats...and y'all know how it is.

Back