Traditions in Your Country

Prince_Shasta

Here you can post traditions that make you're country :D
I just want to know some :p

One of the more popular traditions in my country is
"El día de muertos"
Here people make altars with pictures of people that are death, and they decorate them with a picture of the death person, Flowers, traditional food, and articles that use the death person in their lifes. the date is november 2.

Attachments

• ph_dayofthedead.jpg
    ph_dayofthedead.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 92
People have Barbquese all the time...and go swimming at the beach & play Aussie Rules (better known as Australian football!)

foto_links_onder.gif

This is a Dutch tradition which is known under the name "Sinterklaas". :) It is celebrated from the end of November onwards (when Sinterklaas arrives with his boat from Spain) until December 5th. On December 5th, the children in our country receive presents and candy from Sinterklaas. It can be compared to the Christmas traditions, I think, but Sinterklaas is actually celebrated more than Christmas in some parts of my country.

Well I am not from one state like most normal poeple, so my family has many traditons. One is now very old but it is a funny one, one we made up. It is called "Move every two to three years" :p LOL Another one that was adopted{so I think} from my great grandmum and so on is how to teach us girls how to cook,sew and mantan the house when Dad is gone. We all know how to cook Sour broten,Potatoe dumplings[the best] and kogal[not spelt right] and other german foods that are my dad's favorites. Well that is our family's tadtions.

Last edited:
oohh the superbowl is big here too, lol, or atleast in my county.... hmmm a tradition? ok that's tough... uhhh well we have "día de muertos" too, and ummm... ok i just forgot what i was about to say *slaps forehead* ugh this always happens to me......

i don't know about the rest of the USA but in Texas we hunt, ride horses, play football, and eat mexican food....well maybe not all of Texas does that but we do where I come from

eat, school, internet, sports, tv, eat, internet, sleep, repeat :D

Of course, I'm big into stuff like paintball, airsoft, and capture the flag and prison break(a game, don't get worried)

Back